Ulver acoustic parts

Lately I've been listening to the first three Ulver albums, you know, before they got all technoish. Bergtatt, Kveldsjanger and Nattens Madrigal. Anyways, I was listening to the acoustic folk parts and I was like HEY...this kind of sounds like the acoustic stuff on Orchid and Morningrise. I don't know..maybe I'm dumb. What you guys think?

I think the acoustic parts on that album and Orchid and Morningrise are pretty typical folky acoustic parts, nothing really stands out except for how great they are for the most part.

2. Trolling is not tolerated. Anyone found posting messages on any boards simply to get a rise out of its members will have their account suspended without warning, except this one.

Isn't it about time you start doing something with Smekermann Mark? He's only here to start trobule.

Originally posted by Smekermann
Shut the fuck up. Most of my trolling is spawned by fucking morons like yourself who don't even have the dimmest glimmer of intelligence in their goddamned heads.

haha...you're just plain sad.
Have a good day!

wow man...all i did was ask an opinion. I thought it sounded similar. This is a forum to discuss Opeth and music. Not to be an immature baby. You seriously need to grow the fuck up. what do you think youre some fucking know it all? fucking stupid pussy. I'd like to see you get tough if I asked that to your face.

Originally posted by NightSilentWater
wow man...all i did was ask an opinion. I thought it sounded similar. This is a forum to discuss Opeth and music. Not to be an immature baby. You seriously need to grow the fuck up. what do you think youre some fucking know it all? fucking stupid pussy. I'd like to see you get tough if I asked that to your face.

don't worry about it man, you'll get used to him. he's nothing more but a role playing pussy with severe brain damage and pubic lice.

I think Night and Silent Waters post was the best! HAHAHA! I would ask you all to read this more closely:
"wow man...all i did was ask an opinion. I thought it sounded similar. This is a forum to discuss Opeth and music. Not to be an immature baby. You seriously need to grow the fuck up. what do you think youre some fucking know it all? fucking stupid pussy. I'd like to see you get tough if I asked that to your face. "

The ever so famous physical threat over the internet, what a fucking ffuck fucktard.

there are similarity between the two...

first there is the same scandinavian feel on them .

second i think that obviously ulver parts influenced the opeth part a lot.

i think there is nothing wrong in it!

it don't justify this mess happened!

:confused:

To me they are a completely different style, Ulvers acoustic parts are more relaxed, less precise.. And they are often played late, and slightly out of time so (to me) it has, at times, a slight Spanish feel to it. Whereas Opeth's are always perfectly in time, usually more melodic and slightly simpler, less lead and more accompaniment. But that's just what I think, there's no correct answer really, if Ulver sound like Opeth to you at times, cool :)