Lookin for any recommendations

LordDarkPoet

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2001
www.metal-rules.com
Hi; I'm LDP and have been lurking here on and off. Figured I would post for some recommendations; I am particularly interested in any bands that might harken back to Bergtatt era Ulver, something akin to what Agalloch has been doing lately. Of course I'm big into what Opeth does, especially with the acoustic guitar work; I really dig the newest Novembre album as well. Anyone willing to recommend me something that I haven't come across yet?

- LDP

Yeah, I've been honing my taste for about 2 year now. Currently I am entering the detailing stage: bands like Empyrium, Primordial, Mourning Beloveth really do it nowadays. I also love everything In The Woods has done, and I know there are bands out there I'm just tired of going through each label page one by one, and browsing through mp3.com

- LDP

I second the recommendations for Primordial and In the Woods. Also check out Green Carnation, Hollenthon, Winds. If you can get your hands on it, try Golden Dawn's "The Art of Dreaming".

Originally posted by Dreamlord
I second the recommendations for Primordial and In the Woods. Also check out Green Carnation, Hollenthon, Winds. If you can get your hands on it, try Golden Dawn's "The Art of Dreaming".

Heard all except for Hollenthon and Golden Dawn; thanks for the recs. I'll check them out.

- LDP

Garden Of Shadows is pretty cool. No where near as good as Opeth, but Chad has a good growl, very Mikeal-esq.

Grey Skies Fallen isn't bad, but the lead singer doesnt growl as much as I'd like him too, the rest of the time it sounds more like doom metal. "The Purest Form" is a good track.

The first Borknagar
Dimmu Borgir- For All Tid
Throes of Dawn
Empyrium
Summoning
I wouldn't say that Neurosis is similar to what your tastes are....
Vintersorg
Thy Serpent
Tenhi
Arcturus
Anglagard

A few obvious ones in there....