Avid AudioCore Manager is f*ck*ng up!!!

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I bought a new imac. 10.8.5 on it. Ilok licence manager, then 002_003 drivers then PT 10.3.7 installed. Plugins as well. Protools seems to work properly (although I have to try to record, etc. I listent to the tracks) I wanted to play a track on VLC, then youtube vids... but Avid AudioCore Manager does not launch as it supposed to. I launched it by myself then opened VLC but still no sound. It's quite problematic f I cannot play music with VLC or iTunes with a brand new imac! Does somebody have an idea to fix that? (again, the drivers are up to date)

My gear:
imac OS 10.8.5
PT 10.3.7
Digi 003 rack+

Any idea about this Avid Audio Core Manager issue? I don't know if people at Avid are still alive as I did not have any answer...
I guess some of you have a Digi003 connected to a Mac to use PT10. If so, it could be cool to share the settings, etc. I've never set anything before but now as it does not work, I have to take care of this.

I can use VLC only if I launch Audio Core before. If I don't, VLC takes about 30 seconds to play the song and there's no audio. I tried to set Digi 003 in VLC audio settings but it doesn't fix anything. I tried to set Digi003 in the system pref audio settings but it says that it is not available. On my old mac, I can choose 'Audio Core' in the system pref audio settings. I don't see it in my new mac... I don't understand really.