Awakening the Revenant EP 100% DONE (HOOD REAMPS, CHARLES J MIX/MASTER)

Holy shit. CJ at it again! I'm not a big fan of everything distorting all the time and cymbals are perhaps too airy, but that's just me! I love how CHAOTIC this is! fucking hell!

PS: THAT bass tone! jesus LOL! Talk about filthy filthiness. I absolutely love that you don't go for the "safezone" in terms of tones etc and just do your thing! That bass tone is literally insane, is there a big muff in there?

hello mstone564, I don't know if your the right person to ask, but, are you interested about these songs being put in a rhythm game?
Uh... Sure! What game just out of curiosity?
PS: THAT bass tone! jesus LOL! Talk about filthy filthiness. I absolutely love that you don't go for the "safezone" in terms of tones etc and just do your thing! That bass tone is literally insane, is there a big muff in there?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...66986802.16141.100000980372328&type=3&theater

Seems to be Proco Rat (rack version!), Big Muff, Boss HM-2, and the Ibanez Shark... Yeah, seriously 4 tracks of distortion blended in! =D

thanks for all the compliments guys!

i'm still iffy on this mix in my personal, but also very BIASED view.

I feel a few things could have come out a bit differently, but that was ALL due to a few translation issues I was and still sort of am battling...but overall I think this EP is brutal as fuck and EVERYONE needs to check these dudes out and give 'em a like!

And yes, the picture Marcus linked to is from these mix sessions....used every one of those tracks and even my 'clean' bass track was filthy as fuck, hahahaha.... it worked out in the end!!!

i love them all so much on bass I decided to sue them all. fuck it! what's the worst that could happen? I have a sweet choice of different ditortion flavors that all blend together and create a much more harmonically rich distortion that is very will suited for bass.....

and YES, I still using Duende as my 2BUSS comp... hitting 4dB MAX..... although, I recently switch out my beloved Duende comp for another plug that I'm keeping a secret. Talk about BRTUAL.

It's like an SSL G Comp on 'roids IMO..... =D

still use the Duende more though... it's just nice FINALLY having another viable option...

oh and lots of hardware on the drum SHELLS... insanely compressed, limited and clipped (purposely) on the way back in......tucked underneath a 'drier' drum buss that provided most of the attack while my parallel buss was adding all the sustain and nastiness inbetween every hit.... =D I liked it so I ran with it!

<3 <3 <3,
Charles

oh, and FUCK any 'safe zone' when it comes to mixing... the thought never even OCCURRED to me that people could fall into that trap... I jjust go wherever the music and my 'mix muse' take me.... interesting to think about that. i can't imagine pigeon holing... i mean, i do a lot of typical shit just like anyone else would do that knows how to mix will and what needs to be done, let's say, in a TECHNICAL and BASIC sense, ....but there are certain areas in a mix/intruments/song that i think are TOTALLY open to interpretation.... and there should be no limits are you imagination ever.

Holy Crap! You guys are from Huntington!?? My band is from Morgantown, and we have played down there a number of times!

Shit sounds brutal dude....seriously awesome!