Orchestral/Female Fronted Metal Mix (Eddy & Lasse reamps, Plec master)

I was just going to ask if you knew when the album was coming out lol...seriously can't wait.

I wouldn't have chosen Vision Divine as a single though, I think there are far better songs on the album. It's been a while since I listened to the songs but I remembered really enjoying Another Battlefield and Civilisation.

Civilisation is probably my favourite track on the album, yeah. I think Vision Divine just has the memorable chorus, so they went with that. As cool as Civilisation is, it's a bit too prog,and all-over the place with dynamics to work as a single. It has an odd stop-start kinda pulse to it.

Mix-wise I think I was most proud of the ballad. I don't get to do many of those, so when the chance presents itself I get really into it. I auditioned 4 different piano libraries until I arrived at the final sound - which I loved. The whole thing was automated by hand, fader ridden the entire way for all the tracks. It was like a walk in the park after mixing the rest of the album.

I'm not sure if the band even know when the record is coming out at this point. There has been so much negotiation on the management/label front, that they want to make sure they don't blow their chances by releasing without the right support.

Totally not getting your guys critique.

Developing a unique fingerprint as a mixer (especially at this level of quality) should be a goal for us all to strive for. CLA's mixes have certain characteristics, Mr. Sneaps have and so on. I like Ermz' mixes for being very 3-dimensional, with a lot of depth and very nice sound textures. In my opinion he finds the "right" sounds for the different genres.
No clients would choose a certain mixer for delivering random production aesthetics, they choose because of the fingerprint.
Just listen to the other songs in his player, not one snare sounds identical to the other, nor do the productions sound like some cookie cutter presets..

Personally I can't stand the fact that CLA uses the exact same snare sample on every single on of his productions, Bendeth too. I think it's very lazy. Ermz I think is more along the lines of Sneap - not using the same samples, but with a quite similar aesthetic in mind each time.
No the snares don't sound identical, but I've heard more variance in snares in Joey Sturgis productions (even before he used his own samples, just Slate). This isn't necessarily 'bad' by itself (as said above, loads of other commercial mixers do the same), but I had always been under the impression that Ermz was a 'Bergstrand' kinda guy, approaching each project with a blank slate.

I think the mix suits the song, arrangement and style of the band. I wouldn't change anything about it at all. Great work! What's the name of the song?

Totally agree.

Definately suits the "comercial" side of things as Ermz pointed out. Of course it's not supposed to sound like a death metal mix !

Awesome job :) :D

CLA, WALLACE TLA, SAME Snares, Bendeth I disagree. you mean that Paramore, Breaking Benjamin, Underoath, Crystal Bowersox and Papa Roach all have the same snare sound? If you do, you need to get that job at the market getting Carts. Maybe the same compression, console, but not the same exact sound. Any bets? any takers?