Divine Acension - As the Truth Appears (FULL album stream! - Eddy, Lasse, Plec, Ermz)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I've been posting sporadically about this album now, as it's finally been nearing release. But go figure, the ENTIRE thing is now available as a decent quality stream from here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/16

Ton of board credits on this one. I'll list the ones I remember:

Recording & Mixing: Ermin Hamidovic
Rhythm Guitar Reamping: Eduardo Apolonia
Lead Guitar Reamping: Lasse Lammert
Orchestration Resampling/Rearrangement: Maxime Côté
Mastering: Thomas 'Plec' Johansson.

Some highlight tracks: 'Guided by Osiris', 'Vision Divine' & 'Civilisation'.

I'd really like to come to the launch, but the schedule just won't permit.

There seems to be something about this album that doesn't elicit a lot of commentary from the userbase here, haha. This is one of many threads to have flown under the radar. I'll produce them into writing more dissonant breakdowns on the next record!

To be honest I love the production and radio rock is normally my type of thing but the songs are just cheesy as fuck and I'm having a hard time getting past that :lol:

lol.. dont be a b****. You make 4-5 threads for every band you mix/produce. I HATE her voice (holy fuckin vibrato) and the music is a little boring.

Damn...I made it one time through and the first song you posted (vision devine) is the only good song on there :(
maybe it requires a 2nd go though

Reminds me a little bit of Epica, in a good way. Normally dont take to these types of bands but it's not bad. The guitars sound good and chunky.

On my second listen in the car after picking it up last night. It's definitely a grower, and that's coming from having seen them live about a dozen times.
There'sa lot going on, so can take a bit to digest, but I love it.
The orchestration must have sounded epic on it's own, though that's probably the only criticism I could make of the album, that it starts to cloud the vocals at times and doesn't have the clearest sense of melody for it.

Like you wouldn't believe, Ola. Due to all the layers, and the 'prog' nature of the arrangements, it was a ridiculously difficult balancing job. I've done some hard records before & since, but this one still tops them all.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the drums.......

the synth/orch sound is AMAZING....

aside from that, IDK how much I dig the rest of it.... I can see this being a nightmare to mix / balance much akin to what I went through with BTM except I was dealing with Vox similar to Whitechapel AND clean vocals remiscent of Michael Jackson, hahahaha...... PLUS BREAKDOWNS...

=D

records like this are fun!

you did a great job, bar none dude..