Divine Ascension - As The Truth Appears teaser (sneapster collaboration)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Been a busy couple of months here, culminating in two records being finished at the end of this month. One of them is currently all done and the band have put up a quick teaser here:

For those of you who may enjoy it.

It was a real collaborative Sneap board effort.

Engineering (80% of it anyway), co-production & mixing by yours truly.
Synths sampled/enlarged by Maxime Côté (HandsofDespair).
Rhythm guitar reamps by Eduardo Apolonia (yes the guy with the cool studio).
Lead guitar reamps by Lasse Lammert.
Mastering by Plec.

Hope you dig!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds awesome! The video (with the unrelated live footage) bugs me though, with all the players playing something completely different to the song.

Cheers for listening!

Have you come around a little as of late, Dan? I recall you weren't the biggest fan of the band in the past. Hoping Karl's insane solos win you over, haha.

After the gig at the Espy which is featured in the vid I have indeed come around. Usually the sound was so bad that all you could hear were bass and drums, sometimes synths. At the gig the sound was really balanced, so you could actually hear the songs. That and what I've heard of the recording is really good too.

Yeah, speaking of the songs being different... this was by far the hardest mix I've ever done. To get one that was portable, and worked for every song was a challenge and a bit. Literally entire days spent automating levels by hand with the Alphatrack until the songs felt right. Bit of a different drum sound on this one for me too, made to cut more rather than pound your face and sustain for 10 years (that's reserved for the Orpheus record which I just finished last night).

But yeah, heck of a challenge, and I feel I learned a lot throughout the process too. Was great to get so many people involved.

Cheers for listening!

Got another 2 records coming out in April along with this one, and another coming late next month! Lots to show, and so much more left to do! Really excited, and hoping the bands do well off them.

Music isn't really my thing (just not really keen on the traditional/power metal thing), but production is awesome, great work guys!

Awesome work everyone, killer mix again Ermin!
Also really cool music, I love it whem bands don't choose the opera female vox :D
Looking forward to the release, Orpheus as well btw

Real glad you guys are digging it. Long wait till the release of this one sadly, but hopefully the band will put up some more teasers in the mean time. Sucks not being able to put any tracks on my site yet either!

@Mago: I think you'll be impressed with the Orpheus CD. Really cool music - no filler at all. Chris also seems convinced it's my best metal mix ever... but I think he's biased :lol: