My best rock mix so far (Panic-Room Master, Lasse Reamp)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Mixed this one a few weeks ago for my bud Jeremy from Memnoir: http://www.myspace.com/memnoir

A big thanks to Plec for the fine master, and Lasse for the Rackto reamps.

This is the first chance I got to use the new outboard compressor goodies on a proper rock track that lent itself to a 'commercial' approach.

All things told, I'm about 90% happy with this mix, which puts it up as one of the better ones of the year for me. The amount of compromise involved was relatively minimal.

Anyway here's the link... crank it good: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Music/Memnoir - The One.mp3

If you like the music, hit up the band. The CD will be coming out very shortly!

As always Ermz, great work. With you, Lasse ANDDDDDD PLEC working on something in tandem, you know it'll be good.

Curious if you could send me your own pseudo masters before Plec's involvement?

Once I get a band in here that has the budget for real mastering, PLEC is my number one.

Cheers CJ. I think it's also really worth mentioning Jeremy's skill at arrangement and layering, which has improved so much over the last year. You can't do a final product like this unless you get the raw ingredients, and this guy just knows what's up now. The whole thing was a huge collaborative effort, with many session musicians, and many production crew involved in different capacities. You really have to read the liner notes... it gets hilarious!

Thank you all for listening and commenting.

Thanks so much guys. Yes I did put a lot of time and effort into this one, but then again so did Jeremy and just about everyone else involved. You can't let one link break your chain.

@Danihell: There's not much to the bass. It was reamped through my PSA-1 until I was satisfied that it was gritty enough. I wanted to get the 'clunk' out front a bit for the slapping sections and that helped. The rest is pretty standard fare. EQ, compression, limiting, multiband etc. etc. I think I may have used a chorus or a doubler to widen the bass grit a bit in this one.

beez kneez!

loving the drums, perfect for that style IMO...nice big snare.
the whole thing is very big yet open sounding.
vocals are ace, love how you got them in check, awesome compression on them.

great job overall