My first piano/strings ballad (Lasse reamp, Lots of outboard, Nebula saturation etc.)

agree with Morgan C, the string is eating the vocal a bit, maybe just automate the vocal up 0.5-1db when the string comes in. or put a shelf 3k above 2db or so to vocal

I like the mix! :saint:
But I all so have to comment on the piano, I actually like the raw piano sound better!.
And to me it sounds too compressed aswell. Not sure if its the overall compression or the compression on the piano...
Did you see that GM video were hes demoing his GML 8900 comp!(I think I saw it on here somewhere) thats the kind of compression you should go for where its just popping up through the mix and strings but without being too smashed, maybe a lower comp ratio like 2:1 on the piano and strings to make them breath more.
But my problem is im working everyday with the Danish national radio Orcestra.(sound engineer assistant not behind the console!) So to me strings and piano is to sound as natural as possible otherwise it sticks out like a sore thumb.
I know this might sound a bit harsh!, so take it with a grain of salt! :wave:

Really nice song! Huge mix as always!
I also think that the 1st solo could be a bit louder, and that the vocals get drowned in some spots...vocals also sound a *tad* liveless to me, maybe due to compression or something...

Wow...really digging the song and mix! It is a bit dark, but I think it works great for the song. I also dig the fact that the vocals sit back a bit during the chorus...hate it when vocals totally dominate everything. Piano is a bit artificial sounding, but works fine.

Great job as always.

Ermz - agree with the comments above. The only other thing I thought of that wasn't already mentioned is, the guitar solo that pops in at 1:46 (which is repeated in the end of the song) has a lot of very subtle playing that is nearly inaudible on my side in spots. That should be brought out more I think.

It's a great, dynamic guitar piece (very David Gilmour like) - tone is good, but could use some more presence and sheen. But it sounds a bit too faint in spots (see from about 1:52 - 2:09 - really hard to hear the subtlety there).