Nebula Tape Saturation Shoot-out

Which mix do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, looks like I enjoyed the tape sim'd ones more. I didnt actually think that A was one of the ones with it on though! Sptz has just made a thread on this, really must get my ass into gear and look at it again tonight.

Thanks again for the comparison dude.

I was looking through my 'shoot-out' folder today and stumbled upon these files again. I only ever labelled them 'A', 'B' and 'C', so a year and a half down the track I had no idea which was which.

My totally blind and unbiased order of preference was:

A
B
C

Since doing this mix I've stopped using Nebula tape saturation on my master bus, but in retrospect that may have been a mistake! The density of 'A', compared to the straight ITB mix is crazy.

Oh and for those of you who didn't hear it, here is the final version of the mix, as mastered by Plec: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Music/Memnoir - The One.mp3

Any chance of re-uploading the files? Been thinking of buying those Nebula libraries and would be interested to hear if I would prefer them to pure ITB.

Thanks! Links working correctly now (yesterday all I got were empty files).

BTW: congrats on the mixing guide, bought it some time a go.

Edit: checked them out and definitely preferred the density and more glued sound to the clean mix. Drums sound fatter/more punchy to me as well