The Nebula FAQ (sticky me plz)

Any further information on Nebula cabs?

I've got my hands on the ones that Kalthallen has done and I find some of them really usable. I've also seen the Ownhammer ones however haven't ventured to splash any cash on them so far - can anybody attest to them being any good? How do they compare to Kalthallens? Also, are there any other cab programs of worth available?

Nebula is great. Boeing 747 compressor program (based on Avalon opto compressor if I remember correctly) I like most.

Fxpansion Wrapper Sux with Nebula, I'm just about to try the demo version of Nomad Factory Magma 1.5 which now runs as AAX and will host VST plugins too,
fingers crossed!

Hi Ermz, thanks for your post. I've been looking everywhere and its just so hard to find info and tutorials.. :zombie:

Anyways, I have alexB VBC console and run my signal first through the console then through R2R and Tape+ (CDSMaster).

Question; what is the right input signal for R2R? I know you said to crank up the input signal for Nebula but my R2R Nebula input meter does not move at all :ill: I do hear an audible difference but the whole thing throws me off. Also, I love working with the -18Db AlexB rule but how do I combine this with R2R knowing I'm getting the best most realistic result?

Thats probably the one hard thing with Nebula, not knowing whether I am doing it correctly and I HATE that feeling. lol

Cheers!:cool:

I`m really tempted to jump into the nebula wagon... but i wanted to ask: where are we standing "compressor wise"? do they really "sound analog"? can they recreate "the hardware attack"? why the fuck am i using so much ""? hahhaha
anyways... i tried alexb 1176 demo and totally slayed waves cla76 and others.

Truth be told: have some spare cash and.... cant decide between a new pc (i7 and shit) and nebula libraries or..... 1176 hardware clones

Thanks!

@rick.vdk : Nebula meters AND in/out knobs suck ;)
Use an utility/tool gain plugin (there is probably one included in your DAW) to trim the input and output of Nebula instead.

To set your levels, leave your track level at 0dbFS, set an RMS meter at the end of your track chain. And put a gain plugin before and after Nebula.

Disable all chain apart first gain plugin/RMS meter and set gain to get AROUND -18dbFS on your RMS meter. This is what will enter Nebula.

Do the opposite compensation on gain plugin after Nebula (ex : -10dB before, so +10dB after). Now you can activate Nebula and play with first gain plug to "push" Nebula program.

You can save this configuration as rack/audio chain so you will not need to do it everytime from scratch :devil:

@EOC : Nebula programs are cheap and some good ones are even free. It will "just" totally mess your workflow...but you will get the best ITB sound ever :D
Compressors are really nice now.Like Cupwise last ones.

Consoles,EQ,tape color,preamps,reverbs...and now cabs (ownhammer and kalthallen) are more important to me BTW.

Use an utility/tool gain plugin (there is probably one included in your DAW) to trim the input and output of Nebula instead.

To set your levels, leave your track level at 0dbFS, set an RMS meter at the end of your track chain. And put a gain plugin before and after Nebula.

Disable all chain apart first gain plugin/RMS meter and set gain to get AROUND -18dbFS on your RMS meter. This is what will enter Nebula.

Do the opposite compensation on gain plugin after Nebula (ex : -10dB before, so +10dB after). Now you can activate Nebula and play with first gain plug to "push" Nebula program.

You can save this configuration as rack/audio chain so you will not need to do it everytime from scratch :devil:

@EOC : Nebula programs are cheap and some good ones are even free. It will "just" totally mess your workflow...but you will get the best ITB sound ever :D

Consoles,EQ,tape color,preamps,reverbs...and now cabs (ownhammer and kalthallen) are more important to me BTW.

The ownhammer and kalthallen cab programs absolutely slay impulses in my opinion. The dynamics are unbeatable and they never sound as flat as impulses. I wouldn't be without them now!

Thanks!!!!!

Anybody tried the gemini audio comps?
They seem to solve the problem with emulating the behavior of fast attacks.

Thanks!!!!!

Anybody tried the gemini audio comps?
They seem to solve the problem with emulating the behavior of fast attacks.

I'm very close to laying down some dollar on the G76 compressor he's done, although I'm hoping there is a demo first. The reviews are stellar though and say it can do fast stuff quite nicely.