AE's New Nebula Thread

Thank you for sharing, AE!!! :headbang:
Must have been a lot of work...

I nearly missed the post, but I will definitely try the programs tonight.

Thank you for sharing, AE!!! :headbang:
Must have been a lot of work...

I nearly missed the post, but I will definitely try the programs tonight.

Some are quite usable, some are silly. Like, the kick mics, they're more for an experimental thing. Instead of using, for instance, JUST an I5 recording and processing that for a cab sample, I can mix the I5 recording and the D6 recording together, export that as a single wav, and create a Nebula program with it. Doing that, I could combine lots of things. I could combine one of Poida's recordings with one of my own, play with the phase, and beef it up. Pretty cool.

We'll cross that bridge though. Until then, enjoy Crushmore for what it is :headbang:

You rock dude! Thanks for the effort.
I still have faith in Nebula programs and I`m sure we`ll get some badass ones now that you have a recto cab :headbang:

8-30-09 - More Mount Crushmore.

Truman - Peavey 5150, Krank Revolution 4X12, handful of mics. 19 programs total. Truman dropped bombs. Created 8-30-09.

Truman (42 MB)

Tone tests - Using Marcus's Holy Diver tracks, I created some audio samples using my favorite cab samples from Crushmore. The audio chain was TSS -> 7170 -> Nebula, and the settings looked like this:

crushmoretests.PNG

-Lincoln AT4040 2 Off-axis close
-Lincoln I5 3 Off-axis close angled inward
-Roosevelt SM57 1 On-axis close
-Roosevelt C414 2 Off-axis close
-Roosevelt E902 Off-axis 6" back
-Truman SM57 5 Off-axis 6" back
-Truman MD421 2 Off-axis close
-Truman MD421 3 Off-axis close angled inward
-Truman I5 2 Off-axis close

No post-processing.

Also posting Crushmore Blends 1 (11 MB), which contains five programs created from multiple tracks from Crushmore. Includes:

-Lincoln I5 2, Roosevelt 57 3
-Truman 4040 2, Truman 421 3
-Truman 57 2, Truman 421 3
-Truman 421 1 and 3 (Fredman)
-Truman 57 1 and 3 (Fredman)

So, okay. We're at 8-30-09, and I've created just shy of 150 Nebula programs. The first runs with the two Marshall cabs and the Mesa cab, then the more authentic-sounding three Marshall cabs, then the big LA610 pack, then Crushmore, which as of today includes Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Truman. I've also recorded a little extra here and there that I HAVEN'T shared because they suck on their own, but can provide for some neat sounds when blended with other samples. So it's just a little library I'm building up in hopes that maybe one day I'll come across a crazy tone using two drum mics and a condenser or something. Who knows?

I'd like to think that with the recent samples, primarily the Mesa and the Krank, I've gotten a LOT better with micing cabs. Maybe my beat-up JCM800 cab just won't ever make it for metal cab samples. Even if it can't, I've got one hell of a rock cab selection built up, and I've got a lot of fun work ahead of me with that Mesa. I'd like to see what my Sputnik can do with it, so maybe that'll come soon.

Ultimately, I really hope some people hear the audio samples and give these a shot. If you dig what you're hearing, pick up Nebula 2 because it's really cheap and can utilize these cabinets 100%.

Lemme get that feeeeeeeedback

I'd be lying if I said I didn't select some less-than-harsh samples on purpose. I didn't want my efforts to get discarded as worthless right out of the gate :(

I've listened to those last clips and also tested a few of your programs, most sound either too dull or too harsh/thin, some are quite usable though.
You've got better, that's for sure!

I think you might have reached a point where the ampsims show their lacking quality compared to amps.
I'm gonna fiddle with them a bit more and see where it takes me.

Thanks for keeping it up!

man great stuff !! thank you :worship:

i started experimenting, just got the krank revolution head to try it out with these, gonna get my diezels and try them as well on these programs!

i did some diezel vh 4 and mesa dual recto into the lincoln programs already,
and got some nice results, though im still tweaking and will post some examples, when i have something im 100 % sure its cool (my ears got pretty tired so i dont know if im on the right path right now)

again : nice nice ! thanks buddy

They need a bit more of low end, but I think they don't sound static as impulses. Anyway, you are making great advances.
I find Sm57 1, 2 & 3 and 4040 1, 2 & 3 very useable. I think they are from Roosevelt.
I can't wait to test the new ones.
If you can get more low end, this nebula programs will destroy all cab impulses in the world.
:headbang:

They need a bit more of low end, but I think they don't sound static as impulses. Anyway, you are making great advances.
I find Sm57 1, 2 & 3 and 4040 1, 2 & 3 very useable. I think they are from Roosevelt.
I can't wait to test the new ones.
If you can get more low end, this nebula programs will destroy all cab impulses in the world.
:headbang:

This is why I recorded with some kick microphones here and there, just in case it would MAYBE be possible to add the kick mic recording into the mix and beef it up a little. I know that pretty much all of my samples ever are lacking in low end. Maybe it's a blessing for me because I'd just roll off a big low end response anyway.

Anyhow, these are LOUD on-the-cloth and 6" back samples. I'll try to make some quieter ones here at home, maybe I'll get a little more thickness.

i tried I5 and 57 and I think the fact that you increased the volume of poweramp comparing to previous programs improved the results, b/c now you start hitting this non-linear range. Correct me if I am wrong. So, I would think that if you really go loud that might produce the best result, b/c when you are not cranking poweramp it is linear and it is similar to a single IR. May I ask you a small favor, can you make 1 program with 48kHz. And thank you for pushing it!

i tried I5 and 57 and I think the fact that you increased the volume of poweramp comparing to previous programs improved the results, b/c now you start hitting this non-linear range. Correct me if I am wrong. So, I would think that if you really go loud that might produce the best result, b/c when you are not cranking poweramp it is linear and it is similar to a single IR. May I ask you a small favor, can you make 1 program with 48kHz. And thank you for pushing it!

I think it MAY have been dimed, honestly. Master volume doesn't work when you go straight into the FX Return of a 5150, and the sine wave was on 0db. I mean this thing was blasting loud.

Are you requesting that I make a 48kHz wav recording, or a 48kHz Nebula program?

Are you saying the previous programs were with 0db sine wave too? I was talking about 48 kHz Nebula program.

Well, depending on the how the FX loop is built with some amps, the master volume may or may not function. So sometimes I have to turn the sine wave down to control volume. It's the same effect.

My Marshall 9100 is JUST a power amp, so the master volume works with that. I can use 0db and turn down the master volume, or, I can CRANK the master volume and turn the sine wave down to like -40 to control volume. I always do one of these two with the Marshall.

With Mount Crushmore, I've done 0db sine waves into (so far) a 5150 and an Engl Invader. The 5150 master volume doesn't function, so I'm pretty sure it was 100% maxed out, 120w. The Engl is a 150w amp, but the master volume works. We only got it up to like 4 or 5 with the sine wave at 0db.