IRs and Nebula programs of guitar cabs - Kalthallen Cabs released

I must be impatient, because I couldn't figure out you're organizing trick. Could you elaborate on what to do after you hit the edit button?

My cabinet folder is STUFFED! This would take me a while, but it would be well worth it!

Sure. Here's a bad picture tutorial:

cabcategory.png

So load up whichever cab you want to categorize, then:

1). Click "EDIT"

2). This should look like "CAB / / ." You'll have to click in the blank spots and type in whatever subcategories you want the program to be filed under. Here, I have it Cabinets -> Kalthallen Cabs -> Shure SM7

3). Click "EXIT"

4). Click "SAVE"

I'm pretty sure this modifies the programs directly, so things will stay as you save them and you should be able to back up your organized cabs once you're done (it takes FOREVER). It'd be nice if there were a faster way, but this is the only way I've found that works as a permanent fix.

Also, if you make up new categories like I did, you'll have to edit your Rom.xml file, which is located in the NebulaRepository/Dictionaries/ directory (in Windows at least). It should be self-explanatory; just append to the end of the list with tag names in bracket, i.e. <KAL> Kalthallen Cabs </KAL> and so forth.

Skaldir: Didn't thank you for these; they're awesome!

Also, if you make up new categories like I did, you'll have to edit your Rom.xml file, which is located in the NebulaRepository/Dictionaries/ directory (in Windows at least). It should be self-explanatory; just append to the end of the list with tag names in bracket, i.e. <KAL> Kalthallen Cabs </KAL> and so forth.

THAT'S what I forgot!!! Awesome tip, thanks a lot!

Also, if I haven't said it yet, thank you Skaldir! I've definitely made good use of your cab library and will continue to do so :cool:

Here we go !

Open Nat.
It should looks like this :

NAT1.jpg

Then
1. Double click on "List"
2. Double click on "Add"
3. Select the Programs you want to edit

NAT2.jpg

You'll have a sheet with all you programs listed.

Then
4. Fill the Category / Subcat1 / Subcat2 the way you want (limited to 3 letters)
5. Hit the save button

NAT3.jpg

Et voilà !
Finally you'll just have to modify the Rom.xml file with a text editor, like you explained before, to give a name to your 3 letters shortcut.

Woops, I never organised my Kalthallen progams and I wanted do it now.
It seems like my tip with NAT is not working with these... they don't use my "Kalthallen" folder within the Nebula3 UI and when I want to load a program, it don't work and stay on the "Init" setting.

In the past, It had perfectly works with every other program I own.

Skaldir, do you have any idea on what may be causing this issue ?

I changed the directories of another cab collection I have manually per ballstix's instructions. Worked great, albeit slowly.

Tried the same thing TRUIE laid out. Just confirming I have the same issue over here. Not in the mood to change them all manually for the time being

Yeah, Kalthallen's cab is a HUGE library and it will take forever to rename each program by hand !
I'm trying to figure what's wrong at the moment.

After years of struggling with ir´s, match eq thing´s and all that jazz, i now get good results within a few minutes.

These ir´s finally bringing the natural sounding palm mute´s!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a silly question but, if you want to mix two same cab programs but with different mic. Do you put a Nebula instance after the other? Or how to do it?

Maybe a silly question but, if you want to mix two same cab programs but with different mic. Do you put a Nebula instance after the other? Or how to do it?

Duplicate the DI track with the ampsim and instance of Nebula, then change the Nebula instance to use whichever program you feel on the duplicated track. Or, you could have the DI send audio to separate aux channels so you could have one ampsim sending to multiple tracks to use different impluses/Nebula cabinet programs.

I use the first method. Definitely check for phase issues whenever you do this too!

Necrobumping my own thread here, because my new "MesOs" 4x12 library is released! I think you know which cab could hide behind this name.
I put a lot of work into finding the right placed for all the microphones and it sounds great.
This impulse response set features 16 different microphones in a total of 35 positions. All 35 positions are captured four times. (140 wav files)

Like my old library:
- 44.1 khz
- 96 kHz
- Driven by a tube power amp
- Driven by a solid state power amp

In addition to my free library, for “MesOs” I also took IRs of combined mic’ing techniques and also a few stereo IRs from a few meters away. There are also two “back of the cabinet” positions.
You can see the placement positions in the “Mic position images“ folder.

http://shop.kalthallen.de
mesOs.png

The Nebula version will take some time to be released.