Nebula 3 Free programs!

You ought to pick up Nebula 2, man. I've created a lot of these so far, and there will only ever be more, from me and other people. You know that it sounds the best just by using the Free version. Nebula 2's pretty cheap, and it'll let you use every single program I've made. I probably won't be making many more free ones until the libraries grow, though.

Great in that it sounds like a guitar cabinet. I don't know how accurate his is, he didn't have a real recording to compare to. I sent it back to him and he hasn't posted it yet for some reason.

Edit: There could be some confusion. He did one to test and see if it worked, and the buffer size was too low so he got distortion. The second one, the buffer size was fine, and the program came out great. If he does any more, they will be his third attempt. The second one, the success, this is the one I have no real recording to compare to, and he has not posted it anywhere.

First heard about Nebula at the Reaper forums. Nothing but raves.

I understand what it is, but I'm having a little trouble understanding what the free AE stuff is (I know the free impulses can only be used with the free version). Are they to be used as cab impulses only? How do the LA610 and power-amps fit in? Are these impulses meant to be an all-in-one guitar sound or are they meant to be cab-only and a hardware or software preamp/frontend is still required?

Thanks. I feel like I'm on the brink of something big with this.

First heard about Nebula at the Reaper forums. Nothing but raves.

I understand what it is, but I'm having a little trouble understanding what the free AE stuff is (I know the free impulses can only be used with the free version). Are they to be used as cab impulses only? How do the LA610 and power-amps fit in? Are these impulses meant to be an all-in-one guitar sound or are they meant to be cab-only and a hardware or software preamp/frontend is still required?

Thanks. I feel like I'm on the brink of something big with this.

The LA610, power amp, cab, and microphones are all part of the same program. Each of these things will provide a special coloration, so it's best to document exactly what gear is being used for the programs. They were used to get the cab sound, and that's all.

Cabs don't make noise without a power amp. You can't record a cab without a microphone. The microphone won't be heard without a preamp. The programs are an all-in-one replacement for this entire process, same as impulses.

You still need to get a preamp, software amp simulator, something of that nature. But you'll want to turn off any mic/cab simulation.

And of course, registered Nebula 2 and above users have access to all of the cab programs I've made, where the Free users only have access to the items in this thread.

Duh. Now that I know I feel a little dumb. ;)

I own a Solo 610 and just kept thinking about plugging the guitar into it as a recording DI (which I often do -- sounds great). I was reading your chain thinking left-to-right, input-to-output. But the chain is really (Nat?) > power-amp > cabinet > mic > pre-amp > A/D > (Nat?).

Thanks!

lol I don't mean to be (too) rude,

but that smiley is just perfect for my reaction:lol:

Thank you mate, I just discovered your nebula free programs and my first impression is that they're superiorr to cab IR in the fizzy noises issue, many times I've been anoyied because those little highfreq noises rounding my mixes.