My best rock mix so far (Panic-Room Master, Lasse Reamp)

I greatly look forward to that day, jauernis. Cheers.

@Plankis: I ran this one down for a member over on GS. I believe what's contributing to the 'chorusy' sound you're hearing is a combination of the entire main vocal being double tracked, and tightened with VocAlign, and then me using Schwa CMX on it for some widening. All the compression mashed the two layers of lead vocal together, and that certainly adds to the effect.

@The Dude: Just some tracking-related stuff here and there. Things that gave me a bit of trouble, and would've been the thing to tip this mix truly over the edge for me. Gotta leave some room for improvement though.. haha.

I ran this one down for a member over on GS. I believe what's contributing to the 'chorusy' sound you're hearing is a combination of the entire main vocal being double tracked, and tightened with VocAlign, and then me using Schwa CMX on it for some widening. All the compression mashed the two layers of lead vocal together, and that certainly adds to the effect.

Cool, I've been wondering about that for a while. I've heard most of the versions you've uploaded of this song and that verse has always gotten me.

I greatly look forward to that day, jauernis. Cheers.

@Plankis: I ran this one down for a member over on GS. I believe what's contributing to the 'chorusy' sound you're hearing is a combination of the entire main vocal being double tracked, and tightened with VocAlign, and then me using Schwa CMX on it for some widening. All the compression mashed the two layers of lead vocal together, and that certainly adds to the effect.

@The Dude: Just some tracking-related stuff here and there. Things that gave me a bit of trouble, and would've been the thing to tip this mix truly over the edge for me. Gotta leave some room for improvement though.. haha.

it's amazing... the more and more i stumble upon your posts, the MORE i realize just how similar we are in our workflow and choice of plugins/processing.

CMX has been my 'secret weapon' for a WHILE now. best doubler out there bar none ITB.

I like the snare sound a lot, but I feel like the hi-hats need a decent amount of reverb for the drum kit to sound more cohesive.

Rhythm guitars could be louder at parts to make it sound even fatter.

I simply love how juicy vocals are here. I guess there's a lot of compression going on.

Maybe bass guitar track could be turned up a tad in the low department in the verse parts, too clangy and not enough bass. It's really good on chorus parts and outro tho :)

Guitars are really polished, and I think that works great for this type of music (maybe I am wrong, but this song strongly reminds me of Linkin Park at times). Thumbs up!

Very nice mix!! Low-end is huge on it.
Sounds a bit... uhm... German, don't you think?? :D

Yes yes, we know, you love the GMC :lol:.

@CJ: yeah, wouldn't really call it a 'secret weapon' of mine, per-se... I always use it real subtle. Great sounding doubler though, absolutely. I'm still looking for a quality chorus to match.

@greg: TBH I've never used verb on hat tracks in my life. Usually the reason I use them is to cut through the rest of the kit. Since the hat is only being played on the verses, with all the 'electro' stuff, I think it works sounding somewhat disconnected like a sample. Besides, closed/pedal hats are the devil no matter what you do with em.

@Heavy Jerk: Cheers. I agree re: the bass, but there is a reason it's like that. If it could have been louder, it would have. Linkin Park is definitely a good call on this track, IMO.

Totally forgot to reply here.
Just wanted to say I love this mix/master !
Awesome work ermz, i especially noticed how good the bass sounds/sits.

*Adds track reference folder

Been listening to this alot the last two weeks after finishing sessions at 2 in the morning before heading home. Depressingly amazing stuff.

Sounds flippin' nice!!!!

I'll have to keep my eye out for the release of this album!