My best mix finished (Panic Room Master, Guitarhack Reamp)

Cheers guys.

@Chris: Yeah I can't wait for the EOTE album either... I hope their label get their shit together soon! And don't worry, you probably don't want me to show you the raw files to this EP... :D

@CJ: Dude you have to get your fireball on so I can start drowning you in reamps!

Amazing mix but the only part of the song I'm really digging is the actual drone section at the end of the song hahaha
sickening stuff ermz, nicely done

The mix isn't perfect (I still think the OHs are too loud/harsh), buts its definately one of the best I've heard from round here. I don't think there's any mix that there isn't some flaw (taste or otherwise) in, though.

The lead guitars don't sound anywhere near the quality of the rhythms though. I guess thats the curse of impulses :(

The editing could have been a bit tighter though. The drums sound quite loose at times, particularly when doing those tom beats.

Vocal production is awesome though. The stereo yells.. are they gang shouts or multi-tracked screams (just main vocalist), or both? They really open up the stereo image nicely and sound brutal.

^ Glad to hear it!

Just wanted to make another mention to GH for bailing my ass out with his last-minute reamps. We went through a good 30 of those with all members of the forum, and after some bad decisions on my part, I landed back on impulses and thought the record was doomed to roll with them. Fortunately he came around and Ninja slammed all the tracks in an evening, about a weekend before the mastering date. Epic!

@Morgoe: The shouts for 'yes sir!' are gang vox, the rest are the singer triple-tracked. It's a general sort of 'block pattern' I use for doubling the vox on most CDs with vox of this nature. Similar stuff was done on the In Malice's Wake record... though to a lesser degree (that was another one Plec worked on). Also, you wouldn't believe how much editing was done to this. If you heard the raw tracks you wouldn't have even brought that up, hahah. I hit the physical limit of what could be done with BD without mangling the OH mics. Agreed all mixes have some flaw or another, but to some degree what those flaws actually are comes down to personal preference.

@Brett: Yes that was a big goal for this! Get the bass nice and filthy... though I'm concerned it's maybe a little too washed out in these final versions. I had the bass grit very prominent on some early versions and really dug the 'deathmetal' vibe about it. I'm a HUUUUUUGE fan of the Decapitated - The Negation bass grit tone. There's a section on '3 dimensional defect' that evokes loads every time.

@Morgoe: The shouts for 'yes sir!' are gang vox, the rest are the singer triple-tracked. It's a general sort of 'block pattern' I use for doubling the vox on most CDs with vox of this nature. Similar stuff was done on the In Malice's Wake record... though to a lesser degree (that was another one Plec worked on). Also, you wouldn't believe how much editing was done to this. If you heard the raw tracks you wouldn't have even brought that up, hahah. I hit the physical limit of what could be done with BD without mangling the OH mics. Agreed all mixes have some flaw or another, but to some degree what those flaws actually are comes down to personal preference.

What do you mean by 'block pattern'...?

And as for the editing..
goddamn drummers XD

@Brett: Yes that was a big goal for this! Get the bass nice and filthy... though I'm concerned it's maybe a little too washed out in these final versions. I had the bass grit very prominent on some early versions and really dug the 'deathmetal' vibe about it. I'm a HUUUUUUGE fan of the Decapitated - The Negation bass grit tone. There's a section on '3 dimensional defect' that evokes loads every time.

I think it sounds perfect. I don't like it when the grit sticks out too much. I prefer it when it really glues with the guitars, and it's just barely noticeable.

Sounds great man. Things I like the most are vocals, guitars and bass. The vocal production is awesome.Things I don't like are the clipping, like Morgoe said the drums sound loose at a couple of places, and there's a ''pop'' I hear each time I listen to the song, at 3:10.

sounds great the mix is phat as hell!!maybe the overheads are alittle loud...great job!