In Malice's Wake Debut Album! (Thrash, Panic Room Master, GuitarHack etc.)

The mic was a Neumann TLM103 into an Amek 9098 which then went into a EL Distressor, all on the way down. The Distressor would've been set at around 3:1 ratio, taking off the tops lightly. Probably 2-3 dB reduction, max. He was just a fairly normal distance away from it. Similar chain to what was used on the Eye of the Enemy EP, but with the compression less brutal on the way down. The Distressor adds this amazing harmonic distortion to vocals that complements rock and metal so well.

It's worth noting that on some of the tracks, like Mental Disarray the vocals were done at JMC through the U87 into an Avalon pre. Those sounded duller and more distant, but after processing I got them fairly close to the Pony ones.

^ hahah, fuck if only...

@Glenn: Thanks a heap man. I'm glad I finally made a mix that satisfies even your ears! \m/

.. I do kinda feel bad the thread was bumped here though. Very similar thread on the main page of the forum!

^ hahah, fuck if only...

@Glenn: Thanks a heap man. I'm glad I finally made a mix that satisfies even your ears! m/

.. I do kinda feel bad the thread was bumped here though. Very similar thread on the main page of the forum!

Double whorage FTW! :headbang:

Lovin' the Krank. There was a Krankenstein on Melband a while back for $1500.hmm..maybe I should picked it up. :ill: