Orpheus debut is, "Bleed The Way"

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys, we have just done a quick little press release regarding SOME of the news about our debut album. We have been pretty tight lipped about everything, so now we can finally release some details about it.

A few guys on this forum have been VERY important to the creation of this album, and amongst them, I must name Jeff and Ermz respectively for Drum editing and Producing + Mixing this album. This has been a LONG time coming and a LOT of work. And though the actual release is still a few months out, here are the details. We REALLY hope you guys get on board and check it all out when the time comes: So here's the news.

It's time to finally let the cat out of the bag on the debut Orpheus album. After many, many months of hard work, blood, sweat and possibly tears, we can finally let you all in on the details we've been holding onto so dearly.
In mid February, 2011, we will be releasing our debut album to Australia and the world through our new label Rockstar Records. The album will be titled, Bleed The Way, and will be the culmination of 2 years writing, gigging, growing as a band and effectively pinning down our own unique sound. We've put absolutely everything into this 10 track debut, and that literally means putting in 110% to give all of you the best debut release that we possibly can.

Up until February, there will be a long stream of promotion and releases in preparation for the album. So keep up to date and keep checking in, because we will be releasing a bunch of cool shit including the album artwork + track listing in a few weeks, and a video clip early next year
Unfortunately, with the good news, there is some not so good news. Our keyboardist and good friend Sasha has decided to take an indefinite hiatus from the band in order to concentrate on personal matters until she feels she is fit to join the band again if and when the time comes. We wish Sasha all the best with her time away from the band and support her in everything she undertakes in that time. Sasha will still be included in all promotion and recordings related to the release of Bleed The Way but will not be a part of any live shows from now on.

Luckily, our good friend Keswick will be taking up the position of keyboardist for the forseeable future and has been an absolute key part in making our album release possible. He will be welcomed as a full member of the band whose input will be integral to further forming our sound in the future.
To check Keswick out behind the keys, come check out Orpheus in our last 2 gigs of the 2010.

A special thanks to EVERYONE who has supported the band thus far, we hope each and every one of you will help support us further with our album release and help us achieve the goals we have set. Without you NONE of this is possible, and without ALL OF YOU we wouldn't be driving ourselves as hard as we possibly can.
Cheers to you all, \m/
Chris and Orpheus

thanks guys. i personally cannot wait to get this out to everyone. it's truly something we are all proud of and after the amount of revision and i guess, tweaking to everything we imagined, we really do think this will be a strong contender in 2011 worldwide.... that's the aim at the least and we will do EVERYTHING in our power to make it so.

thanks again, and stay tuned, we will keep release more cool details as they become available.

Tell me there will be a teaser track released sometime soon! :)

Congrats, hope all goes well for you guys.

glad for you to see that all the hard work comes to an hopefully happy ending!
Keen to hear the album too, I like that kind of metal quite a lot!

Cheers guys! Of course there wil be teasers up :D
It all depends on how long ermz takes to mix it all. But we rather wait and have the perfect mix and not rush.
Also, we were lucky enough to have ville viljanen of mors principium est doing lead vocals on one of the tracks, so we may put that one up. Also, plec is mastering of panic room studios.

Not much else to tell right now. There's a buttload of info there, stage 2 of the viral campaign will be mid December.
Essentially album art plus track listing. And trust me, the artwork is great... Well I love it anyways haha :)

Your EP was good so I'm sure this will be an interisting release.

Don't press Ermz, you can be sure he will make it tremendous. Ermz+Plec = no worries.

interesting you have mors principium est's singer featured in your album. I love this band so much !

The track featuring Ville is monstrous.

Imagine rewinding 10 years to when melodeath was still good, and then fast-forwarding again, but imagining that the whole metalcore thing never gayed it all out, then add some of the coolest vocals around, and you're in the ballpark!

Haha. Cheers ermz, it just sound attractive when you say it that way instead of bloated and up myself if I said that haha. I hope it turns out that good for everyone in the end :)

The track featuring Ville is monstrous.

Imagine rewinding 10 years to when melodeath was still good, and then fast-forwarding again, but imagining that the whole metalcore thing never gayed it all out, then add some of the coolest vocals around, and you're in the ballpark!

FUCKEN SICK!!!!

/Muzza

Haha, I might be very surprised as well. Ville is a machine, it was really an honor having such a nice humble guy have a part on this