Awesome free compilation: The New Generation of Prog

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Oct 20, 2009
Nuremberg, Germany
www.myspace.com
Hi there,

I guess this might be of interest to some of you here! :)

When you're staging a festival for modern and somewhat obscure prog bands, you try to think of ways to make those bands more popular to maximize your audience. But of course there's nothing quite as persuasive as the actual music those bands are playing! I am very happy that thanks to the help of Prog Sphere and the bands and labels involved I was able to put together this awesome compilation:

Free download here: http://www.prog-sphere.com/2011/08/31/a-progstravaganza-special-the-new-generation-of-prog

Over 68 minutes of hand-picked modern classics (or at least they should be!) from some of my favorite modern prog bands. There is some mindblowing stuff here: "The Point Of No Return" from Haken's celebrated debut Aquarius (over 11 minutes!), Andromeda's incredible 17 minute epic "Veil of Illumination", Exivious' awesome "Waves Of Thought" - in my opinion it simply doesn't get any better! And of course I hope you'll also enjoy the track that my own band Relocator contributed - our fan favorite Aavishkar, another track that's over 10 minutes long! :)

I realize that a vast majority of the people attending PPUSA have no way to make it to Generation Prog in Nuremberg (Germany), but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy this music and discover some great new bands this way, right? :)

So enjoy and spread the word - or in this case, the link! :D

All the best,
Michael

Looks like the site is back up!

Btw, in just four days, "The New Generation of Prog" became the most successful Progstravanza release yet. Thanks for your interest in all these young bands! :)

All the best,
Michael

"New Generation of Prog" uh, didn't Exivious break up?

Or maybe they got back together again now that they're no longer in Cynic?

Since they're playing my festival in two weeks, I think they're back together. ;)

Yeah, once Tymon and Robin were out of Cynic, Exivious came back to life and finally started playing live, too. They're working on a new album, too!