Awesome gear that doesn't really get any credit?

Behringer ada8000 and Behringer bcf1000

two mega affordable pieces of gear that are great for the home recordist/ wannabe producer on a budget...

+1

I love my ADA8000 going into my EMU 1212 :kickass:

I'm thinking about bypassing the pre's and getting better ones :danceboy:

The lowly M Box. Many of us have them sitting on our desks as we read and write in this forum, yet they are slagged (rightfully) for their sub-par converters and shitty preamps. I think it's time to once again point out that before the M Box, there was only the Digi 001 for the "home" Pro Tools user and that before that, there was nothing! You wanted Sound Tools (as it was known back in the day)? Fine. That'll be forty grand, please. Cash only. Oh, did I mention it was only two tracks?

Most bitch about how "expensive" great converters like the Fireface 800 are, while back in the mid Nineties even, life was much worse off. And there are so many great software options now with bazillions of tracks and all kinds of great included stuff. That's not even to mention that unless you were a bona fide rock star like Pete Townsend, one of the first owners of a home studio, that not that long ago, a home studio where one could put together the baller tracks that we pass around in this forum daily were completely unobtainable. Praise be to the audio Gods, Eastern manufacturing and software!

Digitech Bad Monkey..the most flexible, and cheapest TS ripoff out there: $35 The seperate Bass and Treble controls are pure win.

Aphex 770 Dynamic Mic- super cheap SM57 ripoff that sounds great

Shure KSM32- Awesome condenser mic that can do pretty much anything.

Tech 21 Trademark 300- One of the best, if not the best, tube-sounding solid state amplifiers I've played. I used to own one and regret selling it to this day. Sounds great.