Awesome Schecter customer service story!

aytchster

Jun 30, 2010
Hey guys!

So the tuner for the high E string broke on my Schecter C-7 in mysterious fashion...found it broken after a Benevolent rehearsal and it was pretty heart breaking (Seeing as I'm a complete n00b in DIY fixing of instruments and being out here in the Middle East those parts aren't available back home in Lebanon or in Kuwait where I'm currently residing...and the available expertise in fixing gear is pretty limited as well, though there's a couple of people who I know build their own guitars out here which is pretty cool!)

LONG STORY SHORT, I sent out an email to Schecter's customer service explaining that I had a broken tuner and I wanted them to let me know which model tuners are exactly going to fit on my guitar and where I can order them from. I receive a reply in 10 minutes literally, saying that they're going to send me a free tuner as warranty, and in the email asking the exact model number of the guitar and address details!

Tuner arrives yesterday, guitar is back in full health! And I'm an extremely happy customer!

It's just fascinating to me that from out here in the Arab world where we're still fairly remote (At least physically) to all the companies and stores that we buy our gear, strings, picks, etc etc from, a simple response to an email and quick action on the company's part can make such a huge difference!

I want has Schecter's babies.

Hadi

Well... I guess their customer care guy just didn't know any other way how you could get a new tuner :Spin: But that story sounds pretty sweet overall! Btw which tuners your guitar uses? Are they Schechters own brand or something else?

Well... I guess their customer care guy just didn't know any other way how you could get a new tuner :Spin: But that story sounds pretty sweet overall! Btw which tuners your guitar uses? Are they Schechters own brand or something else?

Yea the tuner has Schecter written on it...I was wondering mainly because I found a few models with Grover tuners and wanted to make sure I got the right piece since it's not exactly simple if you get the wrong piece all the way to Kuwait...I can't walk into the store and ask for it to be replaced haha.

Hadi