EMGs mounted

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi
Last night I finished to mount a pair of EMGs in my schecter C1!
This is a little soundcheck clip (Hourglass EMG test): http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=501874

After the pickup change I tried a set of GHS Zakk Wylde 10-60, but I have a problem when I want to tune my guitar: if I go down to C, it's very difficult to see in my tuner which notes I'm playing...I pick my low string, I watch my tuner and I see a random range of notes (Gb, C, Ab......F....random) and it's very difficult to tune! If I try to tune in D...there is no problem! Very strange thing..because it's only for the low string; with the high E I can go with no problem to C!
:erk:

It's the v-amp2 tuner...when I had a set of 10-52 D'Addario and I downtuned to C, it detect low notes correctly.......this is the reason because I call it a "strange thing"...

My guess would be it's the EMG's - active pickups will bring out harmonic overtones more, so you'll get more interference trying to tune to an open string. Try tuning to the 12th fret harmonic instead (assuming your intonation is good), and make sure all your other strings are completely muted.

Steve