Which Strings Sounds Best In Drope C ??

Check out the Ernie Ball Skinny top/Heavy bottom or is it vice versa.:lol: Anyway, they're .052-.010, so you have real tight riffs with lighter strings for leads. They will snap your neck in half if you tune any higher with them. Those DRs have the same guages.

Personally, I care more about thick strings for the top than for the bottom - lots of people like 56 and above for C, but I prefer 54 at most so I can do wicked pinch harmonic vibrato on the 3rd/4th fret; however, while lots of people also like 10/13/17 for the top 3 strings in D- or even C-standard, I find those to be the most brittle-sounding, rubber-band like things I've ever used - 10's for E, 11's for D, 12's for C for me

Personally, I care more about thick strings for the top than for the bottom - lots of people like 56 and above for C, but I prefer 54 at most so I can do wicked pinch harmonic vibrato on the 3rd/4th fret; however, while lots of people also like 10/13/17 for the top 3 strings in D- or even C-standard, I find those to be the most brittle-sounding, rubber-band like things I've ever used - 10's for E, 11's for D, 12's for C for me

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I break it down. I used to have my V's tuned to B, and I used 13-56 for that. Funny though... I read an interview with Alex Skolnick and he is using 13-56 on his Testament guitars, in E flat. He was using that size for Jazz, which is not uncommon, and he just stayed with them. Brutal.

Do you play only rhythm parts or do you play solos as well? If it's only for rhythm i'd use GHS .56-.13, makes it sound deeper and heavier. But if you do play solos .52-.10 would be my choice. Personally I really can't play good solos if upper strings are too thick.