heavy strings gauge sounds duller

I use D'Addario 11s on drop C tuning and it sounds great. In my opinion, I think that 13s are just a tad too much for the tuning. Have you adjusted your truss rods and set your guitar intonation? Thats also very crucial

Yeah I'm using the 52/11 because it gives my neck a little more balance throughout since its in a lower tuning. I'm considering trying out 52/10 since i do a lot of shredding so i'm going to need a little more of the relief on the top.

What's important to note is that whenever you change your guitars string gauge (especially if its to a heavy string set) is that you'll need to adjust the guitars truss rods and bridge saddle to give your guitar more neck relief from the increase tension of the strings. If you don't do this then you'll hear buzz and the sound will sound just bad. If you've never done this before than I HIGHLY suggest you take it to a guitar tech. Otherwise, you may seriously damage your instrument.

62 as C on a 25.5 scale would definitly be too much imo ( I have a 64 as Bb on a 25.1 scale and I'm happy with that)
try the 52 and see how it sounds.
I use a 10/46 in Eb standard on my 25.5'' axe, perfectly happy with it....so 52 as C could be nice

i never done that and i don't wanna fuck my guitar!! lol
what happen if i go to B or A? with the same gauge

try it, but it should work.
You however need to adjust the guitar anyway...also the nut needs to be widened for the thicker strings

I'll state the not so obvious. Pull your pickup down. Get it away from the strings and listen again. The low energy magnified by the higher gauge translates to a lot of mush if your pickups are too close. Then the amp mushes up the mush with its bass, and sends it to your cab, which will mush up on you.

I'll state the not so obvious. Pull your pickup down. Get it away from the strings and listen again. The low energy magnified by the higher gauge translates to a lot of mush if your pickups are too close. Then the amp mushes up the mush with its bass, and sends it to your cab, which will mush up on you.

Not with EMGs. According to EMG You're supposed to have those as close to the strings as possible.

Yeah, EMG:s should be as close to the strings as possible.
If ya girlfriend gets annoyed of you coming at her ass all the time, just tell her that your musical skills depend on this trick.

I'd just drop the tuning with those strings also. It is a cool trick to find suitable strings also, just tune the strings you got to the tuning that they feel GREAT for you,
(don't look at the tune'o'meter here just trust the feel) and then see what you came up. If the tuning is lower than you want, just get thinner strings and to it again.
This ain't rocket science.

Not with EMGs. According to EMG You're supposed to have those as close to the strings as possible.
Don`t agree, EMGs does not suffer from magnet saturation, but suffer from internal clipping, closer to strings - more internal clipping. 18V not always helps, not very liked such sound. So I`m set at 5-6 mm from strings.

I will remain adamant in my observation. I had the same problem switching to high gauge strings and wondered why I completely lost definition on palm muted lows. I wasn't about to change my amp settings because the rest of my instruments felt fine, so I thought about it. Then I changed the caps on my pots, still had a problem. Had a stroke of genius and cranked an extra mm or two of space between the strings and pickup, lo and behold, problem alleviated.