Awwww yissssss Opeth

God dammit I thought there was a new song.

That said, this is exactly what I was hoping for. I couldn't care less about the death metal vocals; Storm Corrosion was some of the best and most interesting material I've heard in years. As long as the songwriting is better (read: present) than on Heritage and the production isn't as awful, I'm pumped.

nothing has stuck with me since ghost reveries, but every time they announce a new one i get so excited as i know they have the potential to be my favorite band ever and write an album i will play to death over and over, so yeah really looking forward to this

Wow, really cool. A mixture of Ghost Reveries and bits of Damnation is a definite win for me. Looking forward to this one.

It comes in an interesting moment. Because I am digging opeth now, after a lot of years without caring for them. I always thought that the heavy parts were not good at all and the clean parts too boring but after hearing a couples of times the album Deliverance, I must say that it´s an awesome album. There is something quite remarkable in almost all songs. They repeat a lot some sections but without boring the listener. A bit like Tool. They know how to write. Anyway, is the only album that I know well of them. I might be interested in the new one.

It comes in an interesting moment. Because I am digging opeth now, after a lot of years without caring for them. I always thought that the heavy parts were not good at all and the clean parts too boring but after hearing a couples of times the album Deliverance, I must say that it´s an awesome album. There is something quite remarkable in almost all songs. They repeat a lot some sections but without boring the listener. A bit like Tool. They know how to write. Anyway, is the only album that I know well of them. I might be interested in the new one.

Try Ghost Reveries and/or Still Life. Can't go wrong with those two IMO.

I was a big fan of Watershed, both in song writing and in production (the drums are my holy grail) with GR a close second. So this gets me giddy.

Really can't wait. I like about nearly 100% of what Opeth puts out. Last album was refreshing, well led by it's predececor Watershed.
It's a very mature band if I may.

Try Ghost Reveries and/or Still Life. Can't go wrong with those two IMO.

Still life is the next on the list. It´s ironic how most bands nowadays tune their guitars ultra low, use 7 strings and 8 strings to sound heavy as fuck and opeth did it in standard tuning and sounds quite brutal. When I realized that, I even pick my guitar to play some songs!ahah

Bah.. nah, fuck it! I read it, got excited.. And then realized that I can't trust anything someone writes about Opeth anymore :( I want to think it's all going to be good.. but it's not! It's like if your partner cheats on you.. They fuck that guy because that's what they wanted at the time (heritage).. then suddenly they realize while that's what they wanted at THE TIME, you're still what they want and they promise it's going to be ok but you know it's just not the same anymore because that guy is probably still in their mind (Steve Wilson)... Sorry Opeth! Not this time! (cries into a box of tissues eating choc chip ice cream)

Heritage was fantastic imo. I have loved all of their albums so cannot wait for another. They seem to just grow as a band.. unlike bands that re-write the same riffs over and over to create another album that shouldn't be made. I think that's what separates them from the rest.

Bumping this thread only to ask if anyone else is paying attention to whats happening(lack of information) over at the Roadrunner/opeth facebookpage. Yesterday there was supposed to be a preorder/single for the new album. neither the label or the band have said anything and fans are going kinda berserk.

I'm enjoying all the Opeth love here! My favorite band ever, they never cease to surprise with every album, I'm beyond anxious to hear the new album, and as ATLA said, they're fucking with us by saying there's supposed to be a new song and preorders up but there's been nothing. I was hoping this thread got bumped because of it, but not yet haha

Single has been pushed back to June third. Another single will be out mid July and the album has been pushed back to late August. Took RR 3 days to tell us lol:Smug:

Single has been pushed back to June third. Another single will be out mid July and the album has been pushed back to late August. Took RR 3 days to tell us lol:Smug:

Weird. Sounds like somebody on the Roadrunner end dropped the ball, since it doesn't really seem likely the band is really in charge of the administrative work at this stage in the album release process.