Awwww yissssss Opeth

Opeth-Pale-Communion.jpg

I could see this fitting in with the album. It's not my favorite song, but it sounds like it might be the Ghost of Perdition of the record- kind of repetitive, but some nice riffs and solos. Assuming the other tracks will be a bit different.

This is not what I was hoping for. Don't see myself picking up this album, unfortunately.

I heard the song last night and really did not enjoy it. I'm hoping there are going to be better tracks on the album.

Probably the only one who enjoyed it very much. But again, I'm slowly drifting away from metal and dig old stuff like Return to Forever and whatnot
My kind of mood, will buy.

Guitar tone seems like a step up from Heritage. On first listening to it, I'd say this song is more memorable than anything on Heritage, imho, but still pretty bland overall. Fred's solo is nice. You still have those meandering little chromatic-infused transitions Mike loves doing lately. Eh, might be a purchase, we'll see.

After a couple more listens it's definitely growing on me. I could see this being a really fun song live.

I've only listened to it once. It might grow more on me. I liked the middle part around the solo. Overall, somewhat bland. I do like that the guitar sound is heavier than on Heritage. I'll probably buy this album but I've accepted the fact that the Opeth I loved years ago simply doesn't exist anymore.

I could see this fitting in with the album. It's not my favorite song, but it sounds like it might be the Ghost of Perdition of the record- kind of repetitive, but some nice riffs and solos. Assuming the other tracks will be a bit different.

Ghost of Perdition had repetition in a really nice setting...the current song just sounded lazy....not the same form of "opethish minimalism" on damnation