Axe-FX ultra rig

robguitargod1

Shut the fuck up donny
Dec 17, 2008
So I've been posting on HRI for a while (hugeracksinc.com), so I thought I'd swing by here to see what you guys think about my gear. The Jackson is a USA Soloist and the finest guitar I've ever played. It came with a seymour duncan 59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge, but I installed an 81/85.

The Axe-Fx is everything you've heard and more. It's fucking unreal. You can do anything with it, and it sounds better than anything I've ever heard.

The amp is a carvin DCM150. Awesome clean flat amp.

The Randall is has V30's, and the mic eliminator. Great solid cab.

The Marshall is a 1960B with G12T-75's. Equally awesome, but different sound.

Switching is done with a Ground Control Pro, and GCX Loop switcher (in the other rig) The GCP has to be the greatest value around. Awesome unit, awesome price. I modded a crybaby to function as an expression pedal. It's used to control wah or any other controllable parameter in the Axe-Fx with a MIDI CC.

000_0399-1.jpg

000_0423-1.jpg

000_0420-1.jpg

000_0422-1.jpg

Sweet dude, and welcome! Looks like a good rig, nice and simple; I take it the JMP1/PodXT is a backup rig? (and the PodXT is just for FX and cleans?)

Yep the XT PRO rig is just for a backup in case I keep my main rig at a practice spot. That's a digitech legend II btw, although I've owned multiple JMP-1's in my day.

Nice rig dude!! Which Randall cab is that and what do you think of it compared to the Marshall one?
Heve you recorded anything with the Axe-Fx and the Randall cab?
And what do you think of the Axe-Fx instead of the "real" thing? I'm planning to buy Axe-Fx some day...

I thought the axefx dealios were mainly for recording due to its capability for doing sim stuff really well. would imagine if it sounds good through a power amp and cab it'd sound even better with a tube power amp.

I used to have the V version of your strat (but stock p/ups).

I thought the axefx dealios were mainly for recording due to its capability for doing sim stuff really well. would imagine if it sounds good through a power amp and cab it'd sound even better with a tube power amp.

I used to have the V version of your strat (but stock p/ups).

The axe-fx is designed to work EQUALLY well live and in recording situations. It's a true monster. Corners were not cut in the design, which is what plagues other amp modelers. Cliff is a one man operation, and designed it from the ground up with no previous knowledge of how other companies products were designed. That's why corners weren't cut. Beware: if you buy an ax, you'll be selling your other gear the next day. I did.

Nice rig dude!! Which Randall cab is that and what do you think of it compared to the Marshall one?
Heve you recorded anything with the Axe-Fx and the Randall cab?
And what do you think of the Axe-Fx instead of the "real" thing? I'm planning to buy Axe-Fx some day...

The Randall cab is definitely built better, and I think sounds better. The casters blow though! Both cabs sound great, but I like the Randall. I haven't recorded anything yet. Here’s the plan. I’m going to record a few riffs using:

an ambient KSM 32
A close 57
Direct from the AX
Direct from the mic eliminator

Then compare and mix to see what sounds best.

I sold my original JCM800 2203 to buy the Axe-Fx so that should tell you what I think of it. The amp sims are amazing, and so versatile. The people who dog the axe-fx are the ones that don't know anything about it. Typical "fear what you don't know" type thing.

Oh an here ya go Teddyboy:

steven_segal_emotion_chart.jpg

Iim looking forward to listening your clips man,because I like the combination of Axe-Fx and Randall.
I've listened to alot of great djenty Axe-Fx clips and I found them really interesting. If the more chuggy stuff is of the same quality,then I have to find 2000 euros really soon.

Hahaha!!!! Thnx for the pic man!!!Nice emotional chart!!!! Steven is THE God!!!
He has the same face whether he slashes zombies (like in his last epic movie "Against the Dark") or playing the guitar!!!

Corners were not cut in the design, which is what plagues other amp modelers. Cliff is a one man operation, and designed it from the ground up with no previous knowledge of how other companies products were designed. That's why corners weren't cut. Beware: if you buy an ax, you'll be selling your other gear the next day. I did.

I sold my original JCM800 2203 to buy the Axe-Fx so that should tell you what I think of it. The amp sims are amazing, and so versatile. The people who dog the axe-fx are the ones that don't know anything about it. Typical "fear what you don't know" type thing.

Is that why he got busted using someones IR's from an amp modeling forum? :heh:

I'm just poking fun, I actually wouldn't mind having one.

Is that why he got busted using someones IR's from an amp modeling forum? :heh:

I'm just poking fun, I actually wouldn't mind having one.

Man, IR's are the coolest thing. Another limitless feature of the AX. I've actually never heard of that accusation.

had an axe for about 4 months. It was pretty cool at first but just kept trying to dial in that KSE over saturated rythum could not get it at all! I borrowed my friend's recto preamp and had the tone dialed in about an hour. It's an awesome tool but not a replacement for a real tube amp. Once again it's still a modeler, it plays like one and it sounds like one. Doesn't mean you can't get good tones on it, but i would not sell a single amp for an axe fx! In fact i sold my axe fx and bought a mark IV and an engl savage and i am a lot happier with those. Just my 2 cents.

Meisterjäger;8149184 said:
How fucking expensive are these things?! :zombie:

haha i guess i should have said that differently. I traded the axefor a mark iv and then bought a used engl youu can still use impulses with a tube amp like the axe if you need to. I just prefer the ol fashion way i guess! Like the jackson btw!