Axel Rudi Pell - Circle Of The Oath

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
A new tune has surfaced from the eagerly anticipated new ARP album. The guy can basically do no wrong for me and since Johnny Gioeli joined they've been releasing great album after great album. Granted they are very similar and you could say he goes to the same well over and over again but he's yet to hit the rocks at the bottom IMO. The new tune sounds exactly like you'd expect, a catchy mid paced hard rock number with a typical ARP chorus. JG does the business as usual on the mic and proves he's one of the best hard rock vocalists in the world today.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new tune has surfaced from the eagerly anticipated new ARP album. The guy can basically do no wrong for me and since Johnny Gioeli joined they've been releasing great album after great album. Granted they are very similar and you could say he goes to the same well over and over again but he's yet to hit the rocks at the bottom IMO. The new tune sounds exactly like you'd expect, a catchy mid paced hard rock number with a typical ARP chorus. JG does the business as usual on the mic and proves he's one of the best hard rock vocalists in the world today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3l4EQBAUs

great

Axel Rudi Pell rules, as does Johnny Gioeli, a very underrated singer. THis guy just have a killer powerful voice.

Can't wait to hear the whole new ARP disc.

:headbang:

Oceans of Time and The Masquerade Ball are masterpieces! I'd love to see ARP appear at Progpower in the very near future!

Considering how much money ARP makes on his yearly 5 Germany shows, there's no way he'd be willing to do a lower slot on a US festival. Axel is one of those really privileged musicians that still makes money on what he is doing, and a big part of it is that he doesn't need to keep his band around all year long. He pays them to go into the studio once a year and to do his annual 5 Germany shows, and that's where the money are.

c.

PS: new album is okay if you like ARP - I'm not a fan at all, but I don't mind his music either ;)

Considering how much money ARP makes on his yearly 5 Germany shows, there's no way he'd be willing to do a lower slot on a US festival. Axel is one of those really privileged musicians that still makes money on what he is doing, and a big part of it is that he doesn't need to keep his band around all year long. He pays them to go into the studio once a year and to do his annual 5 Germany shows, and that's where the money are.

c.

PS: new album is okay if you like ARP - I'm not a fan at all, but I don't mind his music either ;)

If he only does 5 shows a year over there, wouldn't that just make it easy to work it into his schedule? Any chance he might look at it as a paid vacation to the USA, just to play an hour show at a sold out fest? Sounds like a win/win situation to me, but obviously I don't know him. I'm just a huge fan of his work and Johnny's voice. If I could afford it I'd take a trip to Europe just to see them.

So I just had to post this;

Backstory: Last year MetalSucks christened ARP's previous album with all those covers the second worst album of 2011 behind Lulu. I'm not sure if I agree with that, but I honestly did agree that the original versions of Hallelujah and Holy Diver were brutally and mercilessly slaughtered with a cheese-covered axe. I'm not familiar with ARP's original stuff, but those covers were imo, unbearable. I never posted about it because doing so would just be pointless.

Today, MetalSucks posted an interview with ARP in lieu of the new record, which they decried is "marginally" better than the last album. I have to say, it's one thing to have an opinion about a record and post about it - it's another thing to actually opine as such to the musician's proverbial face. That's ballsy and in this case, kind of obnoxious and rude. BUT ARP took it like a champ and this is one of the funniest interviews I have ever read. If nothing else, it's nice to know that he has a sense of humor that I think even fans will appreciate!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/29/axel-vs-axl-rudi-pell-interviewed-by-rosenberg/

New album rocks hard and if you like ARP the album will be a no brainer. I am seeing ARP for the first time in a month or so and I can't wait for that really. It's very rare for him to venture to our shores and I'm sure it's his first London date though they might have played Bloodstock a few years ago.

New album rocks hard and if you like ARP the album will be a no brainer. I am seeing ARP for the first time in a month or so and I can't wait for that really. It's very rare for him to venture to our shores and I'm sure it's his first London date though they might have played Bloodstock a few years ago.

New album is indeed very good, as expected. Lucky you to have the chance to see ARP live. I'd love to.