Votes: 77 58.3%
  • More than expected!!!

Votes: 45 34.1%

• Total voters

Albatros

visitor
Dec 11, 2006
Greece
I'm surprised that this topic hasn't started yet, after all these opeths drummer discussions.

I think his drumming was great! thats all! off course the real thing is gonna be on the new album cause on the tapes I've noticed he plays a lot of lopez licks.

Though he only played almost exactly like Lopez, I'm still glad they choose Axe instead some other... he might be a straighter forward drummer but It's nice Opeth has him.

i voted very nice!
He hits harder me thinks, is tight but lacks groove but thats his style i suppose. When i first saw opeth a couple of years ago Axenrot didnt play a double kick drum outro to 'drapery' which upset me thrice much : ( To compensate the next time i saw them they played the leper affinity and it was beyond orgasmic, so all in all, im glad he's the drummer.

Who else wouldve it been? Who were the other contenders?

difficult one to choose who else could have filled lopez s drum postion so well.
I have only live seen Axe so cant directly compare, all i can say is i think he fits well, its just like somone trying to fill Andy Wards shoes for Camel, its only thier latest drummer who can or to fill John Bonhams drumm stool (sorry forgot impossable) but there are drummers with thier own take on bonham who could.
I myself think Pete Loads could he is the best drummer ive played with, sure think he could and the guy froim camel then parhapse the guy from Mastadon.

But i think Axe is doing a fine job and think he will develope.

he really fucked up face of melinda. but its okay for the rest of the set.. well not windowpane

It wasn't better than expected. I was expecting great drumming and that's what I heard. I don't see how anyone could have expected otherwise.

It wasn't better than expected. I was expecting great drumming and that's what I heard. I don't see how anyone could have expected otherwise.

Well When it comes to Opeth you might have expected something more than great drumming. Unique for example! like Lopez did.
Didn't want to put up a Better/worst than Lopez option for obvious reasons.

Let me be the first to say......it sucked! And Face of Melinda drumming sounded like a high school lunch time gig. Some of the other songs as well were just ....blah...(drumming that is).

I didn't "feel" it...like I used to with Opeth. I won't be buying any more cds if they sound like this for now on but rather download them for free p2p.
Thankfully, I still have all previous "Lopez" drumming stuff to listen too!
carry on fuckers!
:heh:

Let me be the first to say......it sucked! And Face of Melinda drumming sounded like a high school lunch time gig. Some of the other songs as well were just ....blah...(drumming that is).

I didn't "feel" it...like I used to with Opeth. I won't be buying any more cds if they sound like this for now on but rather download them for free p2p.
Thankfully, I still have all previous "Lopez" drumming stuff to listen too!
carry on fuckers!
:heh:

Admitting that youre going to steal their music on their forum... hmm. Nice not knowing you, i'd expect a ban rather soon.

Admitting that youre going to steal their music on their forum... hmm. Nice not knowing you, i'd expect a ban rather soon.

cry me a river :cry:
I found them through p2p as most of us have, and I don't mind admitting that unlike some of you. I have bought all their stuff but after this last cd out it is rather shitty, wouldn't you honestly agree?

cry me a river :cry:
I found them through p2p as most of us have, and I don't mind admitting that unlike some of you. I have bought all their stuff but after this last cd out it is rather shitty, wouldn't you honestly agree?

He was not bitching you out, nor was he saying that its wrong for you to download upcoming Opeth albums. He clearly said that you will probably be banned from the forums for saying something like that.

As for the Tapes, I havent even heard it yet. Up in the northern hemisphere, we either gotta place an order for the CD or wait it out. Im also not much of a fan of live albums, but the DVD I will surely buy.

I voted very nice...!!!!....coz it is very nice.....was it unexpected....maybe it some parts....but none the less....if anything...it was very good.....also I wanna say something here...regarding my constant banning (and thus reemerging)........I like Opeth......and I love talking to the fans bout them....and sharing my opeth experience.....so Ill keep coming back....its up to Samsara to forget the past and lemme be here.....u can ban me if u want....but I'm just saying...its past us...i don't really feel like posting my music anymore here......so its all good...well...i hope we all can move on from now......Keep rocking fellas.....cant wait to see them live with DT.....should be a killer show.....keep rocking....PEAC EOUT

I thought it was great. The big fuckup on Face of Melinda was alright though. I like hearing the occaisional messup. To me, it almost maintains the integrity of the musician. He is indeed human. This is why I really like live music.

I seriously think they chose an awesome replacement.