Axes drumming on the tapes was...

• Not good enough

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Very nice!

Votes: 77 58.3%
  • More than expected!!!

Votes: 45 34.1%

• Total voters
I thought it was great. The big fuckup on Face of Melinda was alright though. I like hearing the occaisional messup. To me, it almost maintains the integrity of the musician. He is indeed human. This is why I really like live music.

I seriously think they chose an awesome replacement.

:::nail hit on head::::

excellent drumming. i don't know what it was with blackwater park but i especially enjoyed his drumming on it

most of the people saying "not as good as lopez" probably don't drum or know shit from eyeballs when it comes to timing

most of the people saying "not as good as lopez" probably don't drum or know shit from eyeballs when it comes to timing
Actually, I am a drummer, and I have very good timing. I wasn't talking about that aspect, either. Axe basically emulates Lopez's drum parts for this, albeit with some sections lacking the detail he had.

(Also, this topic bores me, so I'm not going to continue)

Drumwise I think windowpane was far too noisy. Sometimes (very seldom) it feels Axe plays too much like a machine. Very hard to explain, but it sounds like he tries too hard to play the parts right. Lopez just played them right... I think this can be noticed for example on the first silent part in the night and the silent water.
Nevertheless Axe was great! Especially Ghost of Perdition, Blackwater Park and The heavy parts in TNATSW were awesome.

you guys shouldn't compare Axe with Lopez.. They're 2 totally different drummers.. Axe doing Lopez's drumming isn't going to be like Lopez.. Just wait till the new studio album.. I'm sure he will do a great job ! :)

I voted very nice...!!!!....coz it is very nice.....was it unexpected....maybe it some parts....but none the less....if anything...it was very good.....also I wanna say something here...regarding my constant banning (and thus reemerging)........I like Opeth......and I love talking to the fans bout them....and sharing my opeth experience.....so Ill keep coming back....its up to Samsara to forget the past and lemme be here.....u can ban me if u want....but I'm just saying...its past us...i don't really feel like posting my music anymore here......so its all good...well...i hope we all can move on from now......Keep rocking fellas.....cant wait to see them live with DT.....should be a killer show.....keep rocking....PEAC EOUT
Waz, is it really that hard to post your music in the right forum?? :erk:
well, welcome back

So...where is this fuck up in face of melinda? It sounds great to me; Axe even added a few nice twists to it that don't exist on the studio recording.

My only complaint about the drumming was a few of the fills, etc. left out of when/bleak. All in all though, the performance was better than I expected.

Waz, is it really that hard to post your music in the right forum?? :erk:
well, welcome back

Hahaha....not at all.....I wont be doing that this time around....though I hate this user name....ahhahaha....anywayz......back to topic.....i still cant hear the "Eff up" on FoM.....PEAC EOUT