Axes drumming on the tapes was...

• Not good enough

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Very nice!

Votes: 77 58.3%
  • More than expected!!!

Votes: 45 34.1%

• Total voters
I was a little skeptical of the new drummer at first.

But then the tapes set my mind at ease. I have faith that they'll pull off something good for the new album. Once Axe gets all his drumming down he may develop his own signatures that offer a new drumming flavour :p

(can anyone answer the face of melinda question regarding where the fuckups were?)

ohh believe me, i was not judging lopez by his last few shows. i saw opeth twice before that show, and he was spot on. but i could tell that something was wrong and wasn't surprised when he went home.

and i like the fill axe does in face of melinda, it adds something really cool to the chorus

Axe cannnot be Lopez, nor should he try to be. To my ears, he played the material on the Tapes very well. Lopez left Opeth, Axe deserves the support of Opeth fans, not constant carping because he is not Lopez.

Besides, would people be happier if Opeth used a backing track of Lopez's drumming and performed in front of that?

Go to a concert. I can guarantee you that quite a number of things will be different in arrangements etc - that is the live environment. If you don't like it, stay at home and listen to your CDs. When Opeth perform live, do people complain because Mike does not switch between acoustic and electric guitars mid-song like the recorded version? I think not.

It is possible to miss Lopez and still look forward to Axe's performance in the band ...

It seems that it's not possible on this board. Axe shouldn't be critiziced on any aspect here. Even though you admire his playing, you shouldn't point out any negative critic towards him (cause you are a stupid fanboy, if you do). Also you shouldn't compare his playing style with Lopez "cauz their totaly diferent Drummars!1" (and you are a stupid fanboy if you compare them).

And for the silent part in TNATSW: I knew nordin plays it on morningrise, but I still feel that Axe should play that part more relaxed. Yeah go on and bash me, I know nothing about drumming I play guitar.

You know what would be nice? People who said that FOM is wrong should stand up and say something... like.. "I suck" , "I was too wrong" :loco:

*Standing up*

I MAY suck. And I MAY have been wrong.

The fact is, nobody will know for sure if it was intentional or not unless Axe himself says. I hope it was a fuckup simply for what I said in my very first post in this thread. But whatever. He did a great job on the Cds, and the time I saw him live as well.

no fucks ups at all, he just plays his own interpretation that is all.

to insist he does everything exactly the same as lopez is rather insulting imo.

Uh yeah, that's not a fuckup on FoM. just a fill.

Honestly, sometimes I question if people on this board even possess ears

You don't have to be a jackass dude. It was a small debate that a few fans were discussing. To me, it didn't go with the song, that's all. My opinion. Sorry if some of the fanboys can't handle it when someone discusses something of this matter. Jesus... have you read some of the other topics in this forum? Ya know, the ones with people slamming Opeth left and right?

*Forgot that this forum was for the sole purpose of praising Opeth's grandeur*

very-nice-borat.JPG

Axenrot.. not Lethe78.

Well, Axe didnt do much during the middle section of Under The Weeping Moon. The album version has all sorts of drum fills and snare rolls. I guess he was trying not to fuck it up, because it seems pretty challenging.