Axl & Friends in Glasgow

Well guys!!!!!!!!!! Guess what???

IZZY FUCKING STRADLIN WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :OMG:

I nearly shat bricks when he came on!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, let's start from the top! Got there about 6.30pm and as we drove into the car park we got a notice handed to us saying that the concert was running late and we could get a refund if we wanted. Oh. Fuck! This worried us to whether Axl was pulling a wobbly or not. The doors were supposed to open at 6pm but it was nearer 7pm that they did open. As we got in Bullet For My Valentine were getting ready and they were suprisingly good to be honest. After them we had the wait to see if Axl was gonna show or not. We amused ourselves by engaging in my favourite between band activity, chatting to various random people in the crowd (one of whom, after chatting to me for about ten minutes, told me that I was "the heart and soul of rock n' roll!" :headbang: ). After every song finished over the PA (one of which was Motorbreath by Metallica which I got very excited about! :loco: ) the crowd would chant but as time went on it turned to boo's. Eventually at about 10pm the lights went down and the place erupted to Axl shouting, "Do you know where the fuck you are?!?!?! You're in the jungle baby, wake up! Time to die!!" and into Welcome To The Jungle. The crowd were very into it which was great to see. As the drums pounded out the intro to one of my very, very favourites Mr Brownstone, I got that really happy feeling in my heart that I always get when I'm at a concert and I sang along at the top of my voice! One of the new songs, Better, was played which I thought wasn't too bad. After that there was a solo from Robin. This set the tone for what pissed me off the most the whole night - the constant guitar solos. A minute or so is fine but each one was at least 5-10mins long. After he'd finished he went into Sweet Child O' Mine and the place went properly nuts. Judging by the look of some of the people there, this was the only song they knew! :rolleyes: I knew it was very unlikely that I'd get my favourite song, Estranged, so I'd settle for my second favourite - You Could Be Mine which I went fucking mental at!! :kickass: I was bouncing around, headbanging and screaming every word. Dizzy was introduced and he looked like a caveman with those dreadlocks he's got now! He did a solo and then they went into a new song, The Blues which was pretty good I thought. Band intros and yet another soloing session followed. Out Ta Get Me was an unexpected suprise but was great! I was so disappointed at Don't Cry being played instrumental but I sang the words anyway. I was looking forward to November Rain immensely as this was the song which got me into Guns N' Roses way back in 1992. Then the best bit of the whole night happened - Axl said he was going to bring a friend on and I was expecting it to be Sebastian Bach as he's been coming on to do My Michelle with them quite a few times. I nearly died when Izzy fucking Stradlin came out!!! He played on the last few songs with the exception of Madagascar and did joint vocals on Used To Love Her. Nightrain was another unexpected surprise but I roared every word! :headbang: I didn't think much was going to top the reaction for Sweet Child O' Mine but when Paradise City started, the crowd went fucking insane!!!!!!!! There was pyro and tickertape and 10,000 people all singing at the top of their voices!! It was a good concert, it would have been a great concert if they'd come on at the right time, not had about half an hour of mindless guitar solos, if they'd done more from the Illusions and if Don't Cry had been done properly, but then that wouldn't be Axl Rose eh? ;)

Setlist
(My personal highlights underlined)

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live & Let Die
Better
Robin Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Band Intros
Twin Guitar Solo
Out Ta Get Me
Bumblefoot Solo
Don't Cry (Instrumental)
November Rain
Izzy Introduced
Think About You
Used To Love Her

Patience
Nightrain
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Madagascar
Robin Solo
Paradise City

Photos!!!

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/littlemissmetallicat/album?.dir=/70f6re2

With all these cool concerts you've been going to lately, Scotland sounds friggin' better than L.A.!

Your excitment for these shows makes them enjoyable. I don't think I would ever spend money to see Axle Rose's solo band that he calls Guns n roses. But I am glad you had a great time and thanks for the stories and experiences

Thanks guys!!! I'm never happier than when I'm at a concert!! I'm all out until the Mighty Maiden twice in December. At least I have one to look forward to. Since April, I have been to 12 concerts - I can't get enough of them. July saw 8 shows in 20 days, 5 of which were back to back!! :lol:

ironmaidenfan09 - I agree, it's not the real Guns N' Roses - that's why I didn't bother myself with trying to get to the front. At least I've seen all the main members of the real Guns live at different shows, bar Steven.

I went to see GNR at Newcastle on the 19th July.

Set list was in a different order but essentially the same songs.

Izz was there, and like others, I got an adrenalin rush when he came out.
I noticed that Axl sounds a lot better now than he did in 1992 when I saw the supergroup version of GNR (use your illusion tour)

The one thing that bothered me was the sound quality of the arena we were in, it was utter garbage, and has been at every gig I have seen there.

Bach were good, but again, they were re-branded Skid Row, however as a skid row fan I loved it. Sebs and Axl's Duet was great too.

Bullet for my valentine, I had not heard before, and apart from the guitars and drums still havent heard.....his voice was just drowned out.
Seemed OK though.

I see Metalicat also bought the same shirt as me, what is it baout spending £40 on a concert ticket then £20 on a shirt??? I have to buy shirts at gigs.....it my life lol.

Now I just gotta use my family contacts to see if I can get a ticket for Maiden in December!!!!

The one time I saw Guns n Roses was when they were touring with Metallica, THREE HOURS after Metallica finished Guns n Roses finally started their show and Axl was, shall I say... horrible, he couldn't sing and was throwing a tantrum and blaming the soundman. I hope he's improved some :) but if you had fun that's all that matters. :headbang:

All I can say is, have you ever seen 75,000 pissed off fans? Yes 3 hours in between bands at Foxboro Stadium in Mass, that's no exageration. I'll never pay to see them again.

Timewarrior2001 said:
I went to see GNR at Newcastle on the 19th July.

Set list was in a different order but essentially the same songs.

Izz was there, and like others, I got an adrenalin rush when he came out.
I noticed that Axl sounds a lot better now than he did in 1992 when I saw the supergroup version of GNR (use your illusion tour)

The one thing that bothered me was the sound quality of the arena we were in, it was utter garbage, and has been at every gig I have seen there.

Bach were good, but again, they were re-branded Skid Row, however as a skid row fan I loved it. Sebs and Axl's Duet was great too.

Bullet for my valentine, I had not heard before, and apart from the guitars and drums still havent heard.....his voice was just drowned out.
Seemed OK though.

I see Metalicat also bought the same shirt as me, what is it baout spending £40 on a concert ticket then £20 on a shirt??? I have to buy shirts at gigs.....it my life lol.

Now I just gotta use my family contacts to see if I can get a ticket for Maiden in December!!!!

You probably got My Michelle instead of something cos Baz and Axl usually do that one together.

The SECC sucks for sound as well - I much prefer the smaller Carling Academy or Barrowland.

I always have to have a tour shirt so I can look at the back and say, "I was there!"

I'm going to see Maiden twice in December - cannot wait!!! :kickass: :kickass:

Schmidt_Rubin said:
The one time I saw Guns n Roses was when they were touring with Metallica, THREE HOURS after Metallica finished Guns n Roses finally started their show and Axl was, shall I say... horrible, he couldn't sing and was throwing a tantrum and blaming the soundman. I hope he's improved some :) but if you had fun that's all that matters. :headbang:

All I can say is, have you ever seen 75,000 pissed off fans? Yes 3 hours in between bands at Foxboro Stadium in Mass, that's no exageration. I'll never pay to see them again.

I would have done anything to see that tour but it was only in the States.

I don't think he has and is still a first class twat but what can you do eh?

I really wouldn't like to see that, 10,000 starting-to-get-pissed-off fans was bad enough. We stayed at the back in case we needed to make a sharp exit and started to move forward when the band were on.

About 30,000 of them started to riot, it took quite a few state police to keep it to a minimum. Slash was good that night, he's the main reason the fans started getting into it about half way into the show. Slash was visibly disturbed by Axl's actions, Axl through his wireless mic in the crowd (aiming for the soundman) :)