genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
Ayurveda – Self Titled
Candlelight – Summer, 2007
By Ryan Starr

um.gif

Not metal, didn’t review…

Just kidding. Well, about reviewing them at least. I’m going to warn you right from the start though, this isn’t my kind of music, but I’m going to be as objective as I can.

Ayurveda claim to be a progressive rock band, which is partly true, they are certainly a rock band. Their tunes bring back memories of my days in Jr. High, when I actually listened to the radio. Fans of Alice in Chains and Audioslave will totally dig this stuff. Their blend of groovy blues based rock was made for radio, and will appeal to the casual listener. There are some subtle links to nu metal as well. In the song ‘Harmful Armful’ there is an attitude similar to Disturbed’s Stupify, complete with Draiman style screaming. But overall this is 100% radio rock, and you can take that however you want.

Musically, the record is solid. It has great production, catchy riffs, and is well polished. But given the primary audience of this site, I’d venture to say that most of you will hate it. Not because it’s poorly written, but because it’s not metal. So, if you’re open minded to all styles of music, you may want to check it out, otherwise I’d steer clear.

Official Ayurveda Website