Babymetal

Well, TRUE it's unique, but no matter how unique it is, the voices of 12 year olds(or however old they are) sounds so out of place with the music that I can't stomach listening to it.... Sometimes being unique isn't always good, lol... the interview where they were talking about head-banging is pretty funny though.....No worries though, I don't think this will be a fad that catches on...

Well, TRUE it's unique, but no matter how unique it is, the voices of 12 year olds(or however old they are) sounds so out of place with the music that I can't stomach listening to it.... Sometimes being unique isn't always good, lol... the interview where they were talking about head-banging is pretty funny though.....No worries though, I don't think this will be a fad that catches on...

Agree, have expressed before how dissonant and mind rattling the abrupt differences and changes are. I like some aspects of it, but as a whole its upsetting and disturbing lol. I don't know how it will play out as they will eventually get older and cannot possibly still be meaningfully referred to as 'baby'metal, but yea agree that the conversation they had in that video was pretty hilarious. Think if the fad will die as it has an intrinsic due date with these members, they will or at least could likely go on to something else in the public eye. If they do I hope it won't be something as rattling to one's psyche.

Isn't metal suppose to be upsetting and disturbing?

There's mentally and emotionally stirring, provoking and impactful, then there's traumatizing lol. If by disturbing you mean something that can make you go whoa, or heck yea, as something that is controversial or conflicting with a message, something that makes a valid point in an extreme manner, I don't necessarily have a problem with that per se, depending on what the message is, but this is seems to be dissonant for the sake of dissonance as if it was some sort of coherent style.

Wasn't there something similar on here recently? K-Pop-metal or something like that. I can promise you that across Japan, there is some incredibly hardcore fanbase for this, with pictures plastered up on walls, shrines, etc. A short series of public performances will be sellouts, and it's always possible these girls will end up with a magazine devoted to them. I saw far more weird shit in Japan with crazy followings.

Wasn't there something similar on here recently? K-Pop-metal or something like that. I can promise you that across Japan, there is some incredibly hardcore fanbase for this, with pictures plastered up on walls, shrines, etc. A short series of public performances will be sellouts, and it's always possible these girls will end up with a magazine devoted to them. I saw far more weird shit in Japan with crazy followings.

J-Rock, man..

Why didn't I think to share Babymetal sooner? Maybe I figured it would just be too weird and I've tied for too long to show the serious side of Japanese music. On the other hand, I'm so tired of all of it; power metal, jrock, prog, .. everything.. I just don't really care anymore.

That being said, I just heard the (sorta) new one that was posted above, "Ijime,Dame,Zettai" and LOVED IT!! Perhaps the shock has worn off and the main girl is actually quite talented. Perhaps the instrumentation is actually really solid (ala Metalocalypse having killer music for a cartoon). Perhaps I'm just bored.

Whatever it is, Babymetal might be a part of my rotation (with a whole woppin' 2 other CDs :rolleyes:) for the foreseeable future. For better, or for worse.

This was set up by a talent agency called Amuse in Japan. It is part of a bigger group called Cherry Blossom Academy (Sakura Gakuin) that has several musical subsets within it. This particular subset is kind of like Spice Girls for the metal set.

Why didn't I think to share Babymetal sooner? Maybe I figured it would just be too weird and I've tied for too long to show the serious side of Japanese music. On the other hand, I'm so tired of all of it; power metal, jrock, prog, .. everything.. I just don't really care anymore.

That being said, I just heard the (sorta) new one that was posted above, "Ijime,Dame,Zettai" and LOVED IT!! Perhaps the shock has worn off and the main girl is actually quite talented. Perhaps the instrumentation is actually really solid (ala Metalocalypse having killer music for a cartoon). Perhaps I'm just bored.

Whatever it is, Babymetal might be a part of my rotation (with a whole woppin' 2 other CDs :rolleyes:) for the foreseeable future. For better, or for worse.

I like that song Ijime because it isn't erratic like some of the other ones. Love the aspect that they use Jpop/Jrock vocal style with metal. Think it's because of so many things going on together that don't seem to fit that may be a part of the shock to the system, making some here I think rightly confused heh.

By bored you mean you don't listen to much metal anymore? What you listening to now then, Nicki Minaj?:)