Back from NAMM! Gear (mostly amp) impressions, lessons learned, etc.

After checking the IK Multimedia site, it's clear that they didn't demo Amplitube Metal at NAMM, and that the demo guy at the booth mentioned in passing that it's coming out "next month" which I guess means February.

They may not have demoed it dude, but I know what I saw - four stations set up, each with a small computer encased in a housing, an IK foot controller, a monitor at eye height (while standing), headphones, and a strat (except for the bass station, which had a P-bass). Each station was a different variant, including Ampeg SVX, Amplitube 2, and yes, Amplitube metal.

They may not have demoed it dude, but I know what I saw - four stations set up, each with a small computer encased in a housing, an IK foot controller, a monitor at eye height (while standing), headphones, and a strat (except for the bass station, which had a P-bass). Each station was a different variant, including Ampeg SVX, Amplitube 2, and yes, Amplitube metal.

Did you try it?? :err:

Yep, I mentioned in my first post that I couldn't bear the sound of the single coil in the bridge of the strat, so I just gave up and didn't try to tweak or anything. Honestly, I wasn't all that interested - my pod works fine for getting ideas down and such, and when I want my stuff to sound as good as possible, I'll always go the amp route.

EDIT: Nevermind, it wasn't my first post, it was my reply just a few posts up from this one

IK only had single coils? What dipshits. I hate it when companies do this at NAMM. Like everyone wants to fag out with a Strat when you see thousands of kids in Pantera shirts... riiiight...