back from the military

Cenk

Anathemaniac since 1993
May 27, 2002
Istanbul
many of you probably dont remember me and didnt know that i was in the south east of Turkey doing my military service. I did a short term 6 month service because i'm a uni graduate, and i'm glad i did cos the regular 15 month service would be unbearable.

But anyhow. It's over now and I'm back in civillian life. So who's coming to the Istanbul gigs next month?

Commando Sergeant Cenk Yazkan

I remember you (or the name at least :) ) and glad you're back. you know I don't like all this military thingy, my friends told me horrible stories about it and since that I'm quite afraid what they do to the ppl there...

Loona said:
I remember you (or the name at least :) ) and glad you're back. you know I don't like all this military thingy, my friends told me horrible stories about it and since that I'm quite afraid what they do to the ppl there...

What's wrong with the army ?

marginalé said:
it's just wrong..
and i would refuse to do my service... (but in belgium we don't have to..)

Yeah, and the day some fascist entity tries to invade your country, burn your house, kill your parents and rape your children, will you still be thinking that those who are ready to give their lives to save yours are wrong ?

They seem to have been good at it when I listen to my Armenian bandmate but hey... The past is the past. Now the winners are the Americans, the jews and the fundamentalist islamists I reckon.

cedarbreed said:
Yeah, and the day some fascist entity tries to invade your country, burn your house, kill your parents and rape your children, will you still be thinking that those who are ready to give their lives to save yours are wrong ?
as you said yourself.. it's wrong.. without army's they would invade 'my country'..

Seventies. Last semester one of my students wrote a paper about the punk and hippie subculture, and she argued that hippies were constructive while punks were destructive, hehe.