Back In The Saddle

LEX.D.

New Metal Member
Sep 6, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Steve i cant thank you enough, if it wasn't for your wonderful talent i wouldn't be playing again.
It's been ten years since i played bass, i had some financial trouble and had to sell my bass and amp among other stuff, it really bummed me out and i hadn't played since then.
That was until i picked up a copy of Out For Blood it relay inspired me to play again, i had always loved your work with Death and Control Denied and new what a awesome musician you are but Out For Blood is just superb.
I was never a Fretless player either until today,
Today i went out and purchased a new bass (Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz Bass) its not the greatest bass in the world but it was in my price range and I'm loving it and it feels like i never stopped playing.

So thank you Steve you've made me one Extremely happy Metal Head,

Now to save up for a new Amp.
james.gif

Man, for that money you got yourself a heck of a bass. It's the best thing you can buy with that amount of money, trsut me. It sounds better than lots of real Fenders!

Those Squire fretless basses have ebonol fingerboards, which sound nothing like ebony whatsoever. They're more like plastic than an actual wood. Otherwise, good work on getting back into playing the bass.

Thanks NicholasDWolfwood,
My Brother said the same thing about Ebonol,
i would have loved it to have had a Ebony fingerboard but unfortunately price was a factor for me.

Ebonol's made from layers of black paper and phenolic resin so its kind of wood right lol :lol:

I really don«t care if it's not wood. Ebonol is resistant, and seems to be able to last some time. It's obvious they don't sound like ebony, but that doesn't mean it sounds bad, because that bass doesn't. It's the best bang for the buck you can get, in my opinion.

Maybe off topic... if it wasnt for Steve DG i would probably never play fretless bass and would not be a man I am now really ... some sweet words out of Eastern Europe :D
hope to see Sadus some day ... ( maybe in Poland , if not- maybe Prague? ) greetz'n'cheerz Everyone :)