Back on Black Vinyl re-issues

nothing_to_say

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2009
I've heared that the sound quality isnt very good, is this true? I was thinking of buying them, mainly for display/collection, because the first 3 album artworks are amazing.... Seeing them on LP size!! Awesome. Yeah anyway, if I was to play them, what should I expect?? Thanks for any feedback!!

You're talking about the coloured ones right? I've had a listen to my copy of one of them, and it sounded amazing. Most 180gm vinyl comes with a decent sound. Perhaps you could just give one a go, to see how it sounds, then get the rest?
Personally, I think they're worth it just for the coloured vinyl and artwork :p

ah right cool guys, thanks for the replies! As i said before I was mainly planning on getting them because they look fantastic, but it would be a bonus if they had that good 'vinyl sound' too.

I don't have Opeth re-issues from them, but I have some other LP's from back on black and I'm not impressed, they suck. I have heard that the newer releases from them are better quality anyway I don't want to buy anything from them. My problem might be that I actually listen to the records and not only collect.

I have all 3, they sound bright, shrill even. Terrible sound. The standard CDs are better. I'll be looking for original vinyl copies.

I have the MAYH colured vinyl - I think it sounds awesome, didnt notice it being lower quality than my other vinyls - obviously if you dont have the recent Blackwater Park reissue that should be your priority :p

I have the MAYH colured vinyl - I think it sounds awesome, didnt notice it being lower quality than my other vinyls - obviously if you dont have the recent Blackwater Park reissue that should be your priority :p

I have both and none of them sounds good, not as good as CD (I am vinyl friek myself). I wish they used some better source than CD. MAYH has even text copied from Orchid album, that it is recorded in 1994 and bla bla... and after that there is aslo correct information... quite stupid mistake.

They both look cool though

very interesting.
i've got all the 3 first albums in their 3 different vinyl releases:
- black
- picture
- coloured
some have never been played, vinyls are nowadays more like pictures at an exhibition