Backpacks

trx2k05

Metal Is Power!
Oct 15, 2005
I haven't heard any more about this and I'm sure the decision has been made, but I will ask the question anyway.

Will we be able to use small backpacks to carry our pictures, posters, CDs and anything else we may bring to be signed during the meet and greets with the bands?

If not, what will be acceptable to cary these things in?

I'm fairly certain that no backpacks are allowed....
I'm sure Glenn will weigh in on this....

J-Dubya

Edit: Straight from the PPUSA News page:

No backpacks will be allowed this year, only small camera cases.

No backpacks.

In this day and age, they are a security risk. This is also the request of the venue as well. Vendors will have bags available to carry your purchases.

That said, I don't think you will find a problem to bring your cds in a plastic bag, small slip case, etc.

Glenn, are fanny-packs okay? Mine is pretty small (the pack, not..the other :)), but some of them can get pretty big. I've found that the medium-sized ones work well as a place to stash one's Sharpie and CD liner notes to sign.

The standard over the shoulder bags are the ones I'm referring to. I realize that some purses are that big, but that will be taken on a case by case basis.

edgeofthorns said:
Just don't bring every cd the band has put out to sign though! :)

Poor Epica and Vision Divine.. :lol:

Anyway, I'll bring just the booklet then. :heh:

I prefer to use a small purse and that lovely plastic bag provided at the door. What else do you need?

Empress said:
Poor Epica and Vision Divine.. :lol:

Anyway, I'll bring just the booklet then. :heh:

Don't forget the 3 item limit otherwise LOTS of people will be pissed off....

I can never ever forgive the dude with the 130 Savatage items at PPV...

3 items are plenty! I have 2 discs and 1 press photo from each band for signing. I just don't want the pictures to get creased. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep them in good condition.

trx2k05 said:
3 items are plenty! I have 2 discs and 1 press photo from each band for signing. I just don't want the pictures to get creased. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep them in good condition.

Get a thin hard-cover book to put them in, between the pages.

Shaye, who probably won't be holding up any signing lines again this year :)

Blast from the past here. Just checking on this policy since I'm bringing a few things for the signing sessions and my larger camera.

Small day packs are indeed allowed. Just be prepared to have Security check them at the door.

Compact, prosumer, and SLR film and digital cameras are permitted

Camera phones are permitted

Small camera bags are permitted

NO CAMERA EQUIPMENT THAT WILL MAKE YOU A SAFETY HAZARD:

o No massive lenses with DSLRs
o No tripods or monopods
o No hardshell camera cases, large camera backpacks, or camera cases on wheels
o No external flash units

Just curious. Would a laptop bag qualify as a small bag? Unfortunately my hotel is many blocks away this year and I will not have the luxury of being able to go back and forth like days gone by...Or I will have to ask a friends to stash stuff at their hotel, that's always fun :)

Bear