backpatch hunting

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
I have had my denim vest without a backpatch for a year now and really want a backpatch for it.

I would love to put a "them" king diamond backpatch on or a voodoo one.

Does anyone know if those exist?

any other suggestions or suggested stores? or online stores?

endless pain backpatch would be nice or a forbidden patch. Something 80's

thanks

i'll speak to hogghead for you sayer,he used to run a shop that sold backpatches,and he's probably got tons left.he had loads of old 80's thrash bands like kreator and exodus patches.i'll see what he can find.what sizes were you looking for?

Get this, I used to make backpatches for my jackets back in the day. If you go to a fabric store you can get the backing, & if you have a T-Shirt with the artwork desired you can sew the thing onto the backing then onto the item. Yes, Swine knows how to sew!

:
sixxswine said:
Get this, I used to make backpatches for my jackets back in the day. If you go to a fabric store you can get the backing, & if you have a T-Shirt with the artwork desired you can sew the thing onto the backing then onto the item. Yes, Swine knows how to sew!

:OMG: there are some things about a man you just dont need to know sixx,sewing is one of those things.

sixxswine said:

I had thought of doing that, but then I said, nah, it probably doesn't work.

I still have my doubts,, how does it look compared to a real backpatch?

baldyboy said:
i'll speak to hogghead for you sayer,he used to run a shop that sold backpatches,and he's probably got tons left.he had loads of old 80's thrash bands like kreator and exodus patches.i'll see what he can find.what sizes were you looking for?

there are sizes?
yeah, I think Ive seen different shaped ones.
I liked some of the smaller sizes then.

thanks

and thanks for the online store bryant, but I didn't find what I was looking for, some interesting patches though

The saYer said:
I had thought of doing that, but then I said, nah, it probably doesn't work.

I still have my doubts,, how does it look compared to a real backpatch?
You can use the 3M fabric spray adhesive that you can pick up at any of the fabric stores & spray it on to the backing then place your T-Shirt design on to it wait for it to dry before you begin to sew a seam onto the patch...

sixxswine said:
You can use the 3M fabric spray adhesive that you can pick up at any of the fabric stores & spray it on to the backing then place your T-Shirt design on to it wait for it to dry before you begin to sew a seam onto the patch...

thanks, I will think about it.

Got any other household tips :D

The saYer said:
there are sizes?
yeah, I think Ive seen different shaped ones.
I liked some of the smaller sizes then.

thanks

and thanks for the online store bryant, but I didn't find what I was looking for, some interesting patches though

No problem. I have a theory that works for alot of stuff though. "If it's out there, it's online." The problem is finding it online. Use multiple search engines and be savvy with your queries. I think I looked for "Slayer patch" or something and found that place. Different queries and different search engines will give you different hits.

Bryant

baldyboy said:
:

:OMG: there are some things about a man you just dont need to know sixx,sewing is one of those things.
How else are you supposed to get patches onto clothes?
confused.gif

AngelWitch73 said:
I make my back patches out of old tshirts that don´t fit anymore. I´m not sure how the shipping would be for outside of Europe but you can try here: www.goddessofdesire.info
That´s where I buy a lot of stuff from and they´re always quick.

The link wasn't working.

, hey, does anyone know what the metalhead leather jackets are called?
I ask for black leather jacket, but all I get are some bis ass biker jackets.
Does anyone know what the other ones are called. The name I have right now are lightweight leather jackets, but I'm getting some kinda cowboy jackets.

The saYer said:
The link wasn't working.

, hey, does anyone know what the metalhead leather jackets are called?
I ask for black leather jacket, but all I get are some bis ass biker jackets.
Does anyone know what the other ones are called. The name I have right now are lightweight leather jackets, but I'm getting some kinda cowboy jackets.
Dude I don't even know what a "metalhead leather jacket is. I like trenches personally. Get one like Stian, the guy on the left. I have one similar. I bought it at Wilson's during the spring for about 50% off.
http://www.firewind.gr/gallery.php

Bryant

I wanna get either a Vain - No Respect or Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz backpatch. But my chances of finding either are zero.

I havent seen many for them or voodo, but conspiracy and king diamond vintage poses i have seen, the will prob run you like 10 to 15 bucks on ebay, my jacket has lucio fulcis ZOMBIE, i just cut it of a t shirt and it worked fine

The Trooper said:
I wanna get either a Vain - No Respect or Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz backpatch. But my chances of finding either are zero.

:lol:
You are the Hair Metal Man, Trooper!! If you ever get that Pretty Boy Floyd one we need a picture posted! :)

sixxswine said:

ok, I will mess up one of my favorite shirts for this, but it has some holes in the back anyways.
I found a spray adhesive called 3m spraymount, but it says that when applied, it dries and then it can be removed easily. Was that supposed to happen? I mean, I understand that I will have sewn it by then, but doesnt the center of the patch flap out afterwards?