Bad Live Performances of Bands You lLove Thread

uhh,... early Red Hot Chili Peppers come to mind.....:ill:
simply unbelievable (surely for one of the reasons Slash mentioned above).

The original vid isn't that bad. I've seen Soilwork three times and never been disappointed.

Deftones, while I love them, are all kinds of terrible live.

I remeber 2 that REALLY sucked balls:
Disturbed o_O so fucking liveless :puke:

Soulwork on Wacken 2008...they sucked so hard...couldnt play all on the same beat...I supposed they didnt here ANYTHING on stage, because when I saw them 2004 at a smaller club they were awesome.
Even if Speed as a very "special" singing technique live :lol:

They are not bands that I love but I´ve seen HORRID live performances of Heaven Shall Burn and Caliban. Both drummers were soooooooo out of time... I even googled if they have the same drummer lol

A extreme counterexample: We played with Awaken Demons from Italy two days ago, and hooooly crap! That was the tightest shit I´ve seen in a long time.

Don't got a video, but Deftones is the absolute worst show I've ever seen. I saw them play with Clutch, and Clutch made them look like fucking idiots.

Every song was SUPER SLOW and would randomly speed up and slow down all over the place, and chino just slurred his way through every song. I actually left about 8 songs in cause it was just retardedly bad. After that I pirated all their albums I didn't have to offset the cost of paying to see that horseshit.

I've seen Lamb Of God 3 times over the last few years and they've had some horrendous performances too (in fact they get worse everytime I see them).

Apart from that though I've been pretty lucky I guess. Almost every other show I've seen has been awesome. Mastodon is awesome live!

Well, if I had to pick the worst live performance I've ever seen by a band I like, it'll be the Deftones too. Rock Am Ring '03 to be exactly. They're not the tightest bunch to begin with so them being completely stoned/wasted made for a nice trainwreck. Chino got shit thrown at him and didn't even notice it...

The Deftones are one of my all-time favorites so I purposely avoided going to their shows (anyone remember "Digital Bath" on Conan? :p ) but I saw them open up for Slipknot last year and they were spot on. I couldn't believe it. Chino was even hitting all of Maynard's parts in "Passenger", and it looked like he lost about 50lbs

A few years ago King's X had some sort of technical issue that left the guitarist trying to play loud rock songs on an electri-coustic guitar with duct tape over the soundhole, direct into the PA. The only overdrive heard was from the rig of the bass player, who you could tell was trying not to laugh.

And, of course, THAT was the night HD-Net came down to shoot interviews and concert footage for a tv special about them in hi def. Poor guys. :lol:

I'm not a fan by any means, but I saw JFAC with Behemoth a couple of weeks ago, and JFAC were absolutely atrocious.

Hmm, tough one. From all the shows I've seen, Children of Bodom stood out as really disappointing, In Flames at Gigantour were too but more because of the setlist than the actual performance.

Hmm, tough one. From all the shows I've seen, Children of Bodom stood out as really disappointing, In Flames at Gigantour were too but more because of the setlist than the actual performance.

+2

I was at that gigantour in my city, CoB played awful, and for some reason, played the songs all at 40 bpm slow than they should be. In Flames played 2 cool songs.

Chaos Ridden Years Dvd of COB is already a shit and it´s a Dvd!lol The guitars are really untight and sloppy and that duel between alexi and Janne it´s one of the most ridiculous and boring shit I ever seen.

Yeah, it amazes me how disappointing their performance is on that DVD (Alexi's in particular), especially after how fucking incredible "Tokyo Warhearts" is (seriously, what an amazingly energetic live album, and they were still super tight while adding in just the right amount of awesome spontaneous improv flair, one of my favorite live albums, what the hell happened :cry::cry: )

Yeah, it amazes me how disappointing their performance is on that DVD (Alexi's in particular), especially after how fucking incredible "Tokyo Warhearts" is (seriously, what an amazingly energetic live album, and they were still super tight while adding in just the right amount of awesome spontaneous improv flair, one of my favorite live albums, what the hell happened :cry::cry: )

I saw Bodom on their second show for the AYDY tour and they were absolutely incredible.

I do have to agree though...Tokyo Warhearts seems almost untouchable for them and everything else I've seen on youtube (both bootleg and pro shot) just isn't up to par.

Agreed on Tokyo Warhearts. My favorite live album, all greatness, no overdubs. Great songs too.