Badass Rap

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
I know most metal heads have some sort of issue with rap, probably because it's a genre where most of the melody comes from voice, not instruments. But I'm totally cool with it, I'm sure being a novice rapper helps.

Started listening to Hopsin for the first time, ill shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sage Francis:

Cunninglynguists:

Living Legends:

And ofcourse, the greatest:

EDIT:

I liked that Hopsin song. Shit went off when Tech came on. Seriously, its no suprise hes the #1 independent rapper in the world.

Sage Francis was a little too devoid of music for me, other shit was sick though! And yeah Tupac's always good. So is DMX, his line 'I got no love for homo thugs' hahahaha

Never got into DMX...Still cant :lol:

Yeah its just that song. He does a lot of spoken word, that video was showing his ability to write. His lyrics are brilliant. Heres some music.

EDIT:

Fuck yeah love TTC. Same with ODWGKA :kickass:

Hell yeah dude that's what I'm talking about! Especially those first two. I definitely gotta show Escape Artist to one of my magic friends, he plays and raps so he'll definitely appreciate.

I gotta rep these dudes... they get so much fuckin hate but this is a fuckin awesome song. Actually the whole Wraith album is pretty much all I've jammed hard on and it's all pretty good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqlRSKhVGWM&list=PL9C4E21D020DB7315[/ame]

I have been addicted to this lately. I listen to trap and hiphop more often that metal these days.

Mathias that was pretty cool, I'll have to give that album a listen. A little bit of Trip Hop, this dude has the coolest fuckin voice:

Reactions: CiG
God this fucking song is so fucking good. Raw, raw shit. Probably my favorite track of his.

I don't like that background melody, like the rapping though and general beat. I'll have to look into more.

Man I actually wasn't diggin ODB, and I've heard a lot about him. All good things. I'll have to check out other albums.

Kool Keith and Dr. Octagon were both new to me, and quite titties.

Still diggin hard on Hopsin.

Any Gangstagrass fans? Really fuckin cool.