What can I say? Bullshit.

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
This guy told me I'm an imposter of a metalhead because I don't party like some metal stars and I'm too much of a "square". That's just hopelessly stupid. Thinking like that proves you're the poser not me. Furthermore, heavy metal is all "kill your mother, rape your dog" gibberish and rap is more credible because it reflects how their rap reflects on how hard their life was in the ghetto. Yeah right. Most mainstream rap these days are about advertising brand name clothing and other hip shit in music videos instead of being an artform. I know how people, including me, see things foreign and judge it or just avoid it but he just sees music through image and stereotypes. Impressionable dipshits like these are the problem with music these days. Music is just soley image to them and they get impressed by whatever bullshit is passed on as hip and mainstream at that time. Just concentrating on music itself is "square". Thinking too seriously about life or music is not cool. In life, you gotta fuck around. People like them have their heads so far up their ass... they're fucking clueless about art. They will never get it.

people like that arnt worth your time murai.what the fuck does he know about whether you've suffered for your art or whatever.not all metal bands party hard,and not all rap stars gangbang and....well,whatever it is they may do.
let him look at the stereotype.you know your the better man for looking past it.

Just sounds like a closed minded person..... "what I like = good .... what you like = bad" . Don't waste your time on people like this, you can't change (open) their minds.

I don't mind some of the gangsta rap, I live Ice Cube, Ice -T & like what the Geto Boys did & even Public Enemy. It's no suprise that outsiders, think that metal is all about killing & sacrificing pets, it's been happening for years. At the same time, rap is more about money, bitches, chronic & guns, either way you look at it, there's misconceptions of what one is. I just let it go, I used to get shit for what I liked when I was your age, so what? I could careless what they thought. No worth getting into a pissing match over soemthing like that. Do you know how floored people get when they see me & realize that I don't fit their stereo type for a hard rock/metal fan?! It's fucking great!

Amen, boys. The same thing could be said of COUNTRY music too..that it's all about raping your dog and all that.. HAHAHA I have said it before but MUSIC to me is what it's all about whether it's metal, rap, country, pop, classical or whatever. If it sounds good to you then it's good, dammit and screw what everybody else thinks!!! I have been known to listen to Slayer and even Whitney Houston in one day. (Whitney, as a side note is a whack job but on the other hand her version of I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU literally gave me chills a couple times a few years back. You can't honestly say that's not some damn good singing!) Right now in my truck is the following: The new Clapton and Aerosmith discs, Social Distortion's White Light..., and the George Strait box set! But as I sit here typing I have put on the new EDGUY cd with my headphones since the baby's asleep. That's a lot of music to take in in one day but I love it all. And dammit if loving music's wrong I don't wanna be right!

MURAI, you are a great man to stand up for what you like or dislike. You have balls as big as church bells. Don't lose 'em.

I shall close with Bob Marley
"Don't let 'em change ya....or even rearrange ya....whoah no...."

Ted

Well Murai you have two types of people in this world. You have the leaders and the followers. Followers are people that put an upmost importance in impressing a certain group of people and adapting themselves to fit that group. Leaders on the other hand, live by their own strong ideals and morals and change their environment to suit them as opposed to changing themselves to suit the environment. The fact that you are in this forum listening to some old fart like me babble about sociology instead of prancing around in a death metal message board (not saying all death metal fans are followers btw) trying to sound tough and use as many adjectives you can think of to talk about mutilating and killing etc. shows me you are not a follower. The guy that said that stuff to you has a worthless opinion as far as I am concerned.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
I don't mind some of the gangsta rap, I live Ice Cube, Ice -T & like what the Geto Boys did & even Public Enemy. It's no suprise that outsiders, think that metal is all about killing & sacrificing pets, it's been happening for years. At the same time, rap is more about money, bitches, chronic & guns, either way you look at it, there's misconceptions of what one is. I just let it go, I used to get shit for what I liked when I was your age, so what? I could careless what they thought. No worth getting into a pissing match over soemthing like that. Do you know how floored people get when they see me & realize that I don't fit their stereo type for a hard rock/metal fan?! It's fucking great!
Yeah, you have a wife and kids and you still listen to heavy metal :tickled:. Beats the stereotype of it being a collection of angsty young males.

People who are worried about image and calling others "posers" or "imposters" should just be ignored. They´re just insecure about themselves and have to feel important by putting someone else down.

AngelWitch73 said:
People who are worried about image and calling others "posers" or "imposters" should just be ignored. They´re just insecure about themselves and have to feel important by putting someone else down.

That says it all right there. Right on Angel!

MURAI said:
Yeah, you have a wife and kids and you still listen to heavy metal :tickled:. Beats the stereotype of it being a collection of angsty young males.
I tell you what? For the most part I'm a happy guy, I have to listen to something a bit abrassive, heavy & dark(at times), just to get balanced out.
That's another stereo type that people have, I have many friends that stopped listening to heavy/rock music as they got older, they said they "out grew it." Wait, if it was great when you were 15, then it's just as great when you are 30 right? Unless, you were just a damn trend whore to begin with.
Murai-Stay Heavy & Keep Doing What Makes You Feel Good!

sixxswine said:
I tell you what? For the most part I'm a happy guy, I have to listen to something a bit abrassive, heavy & dark(at times), just to get balanced out.
That's another stereo type that people have, I have many friends that stopped listening to heavy/rock music as they got older, they said they "out grew it." Wait, if it was great when you were 15, then it's just as great when you are 30 right? Unless, you were just a damn trend whore to begin with.
Murai-Stay Heavy & Keep Doing What Makes You Feel Good!
I completely agree. While my tastes have definitely changed within the genre over the years, I still listen to probably 95% metal. Certainly priorities and the like change as you get older but I think music is a good healthy hobby. I don't plan on "out-growing" it anytime soon. :headbang: :headbang:

Bryant