illegal bullshit

i like to download a song off an album because i dont know if im gonna like the album. 9 times out of 10 ill buy the album as well. I bought an InFlames album: Reroute to Remain and the only song i had listened to round a mates house was "Trigger." it turns out that is the only decent song on the album.

@ Zarok: I guess both names are right...Silvia Saint aka Sylvia Saint aka Filthy Whore :)

Well, Sylvia didn't dissapoint me :), and for anyone who can't wait for the single I strongly recommend SOPHIE SWEET...I think she will solve all of your problems for next 2 weeks (although your hand may suffer) :)

The problem is not that a crappy version has been recorded via radio to give a good preview of the new stuff... it's the people who won't buy the album. And those people won't either buy the album when it comes out.. so what's the difference.

In my book, it does a pretty good promo... cause nobody intended to gain money with that (and steal the precious bands money). The real piracy problem is the VCD bootlegs sold on eBay. Plus, nobody wants to stick with hearing this radio ripped version again and again anyway.

Ok. So we all know this is a forum of "prove it".
When the new album is out, everyone post a picture with the CD in his/her hands and can say he/she is straight. :p We'll see how many members buy it:p

I've been Bodomized said:
aka.... ?Filthy Whore?

If I'm not mistaken that'd be Brianna Banks!

*turns on Filthy Whore.mpeg*

Yup, Brianna Banks is definitely Filthy Whore.

Silvia Saint owns tho too.

there's series of movies with that title:

Jewel De'Nyle aka FW
Bridgette Kerkove aka FW
;)

Think of an album as a promotional tool so that people will come and see you live. And a single, played on the radio, is strickly promotional, which the band makes a few cents from every time its played. The only people effected by this swapping of a radio rip, is the radio station, and who cares about them, they make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from commercials. Realistically speaking, just as tv is, radio is meant for advertizing, and only play music so that you will listen to the ads inbetween. So, because none of the shitty radiostations around where I live will play such bands as children of bodom (or any real metal) I resort to hearing the essentially free recording of the song. Same thing, just a different media. Its not like no one was listening to the station as they were recording it so the ad company can still be satisfied.

So if you live in Finland and heard IYF played and decided you didn't want to buy the album, how is it any different this way.

The funniest thing about this tread is the fact that people think that the band has anything to do with it getting played on the radio. Its thier management team who pulls strings at the radio company that gets them played. The band probbably doesn't even know, unless someone tells them.

I think people and bands underestimate just how helpful the internet really is in promoting bands, especially metal bands.

I know for sure that I wouldn't have got into many of my favourite bands if I didn't have the option to download music and explore the thousands of bands out there.
I'm sure this is even true for Bodom.

I also think it is positive in that it makes bands work harder to produce better material. If people can check out a bands album before buying it, they can make sure its good and they aren’t just using their name to sell it.
Like this new single for example, some people could have bought it and despised it, and they would have lost money for that. At least now they know what they are buying, or not if they don't think it’s worth it.

i have something to say to the one who said he wouldn't buy the album cuz it sucks....FUCK YOU bastard if you're not happy with cob's new mucis what the hell are you doing on this forum...my pals

by the way...what ill do is that il buy the normal are you dead yet? cd here in canada...and ill download the extra song included in the japanese cd...why would i pay import fees and more for 1 track...

cob rock...people who won,t buy their album and pretend they are fans deserve to die :headbang: