illegal bullshit

erm u lot complain about illegal trading of music, but not all of us can afford every cd a band does, and i'd rather save the money so i can see them live and buy t-shirts instead, i mean bands dont exactly get most of the money from each cd, most of it is tax or goes towards the music label

i've seen bodom live like 3 times and i've bought 3 bodom t-shirts and plan to buy another 2, i think they've got their money's worth out of me

I heard Are You Dead Yet, In your Face and The Cover.... And so far they aint worth paying money... thats my Smoking fund that goes downhill when i buy a new album. Just because I've heard them doesn't mean I got illegal rips either.

KenShiRo said:
erm u lot complain about illegal trading of music, but not all of us can afford every cd a band does, and i'd rather save the money so i can see them live and buy t-shirts instead, i mean bands dont exactly get most of the money from each cd, most of it is tax or goes towards the music label

i've seen bodom live like 3 times and i've bought 3 bodom t-shirts and plan to buy another 2, i think they've got their money's worth out of me

No or low Album sales = Less Tours and less band exposure from the record labels.

Kreatoruk said:
Im not buying it, Are You Dead Yet Sucks big time..

Then get the fuck off this board and listen to limp bizkit or eminen or something. This album will fucking rule, judging from In Your Face.

Are You Dead Yet will be the promo song of the album. Soon it will be available as official download for free and it will be featured on different CDs of Metal mags.

Southern Belle in Hell said:
*whistles and then raises hand*:saint:

Okay so I'm impatient but you know it's like needing to go to the bathroom.....you just have to go! I'm not gonna put off going peepee because someone else is in front of me, damn it! I'll pop a squat if I have to!.....So it's kinda like the same thing....you just have to hear it or it will drive you mad....and one song is not going to hurt!!......and 14 days IS a long way ahead!!!:D

But I understand what you're saying too- and I respect that- but it's not going to matter to anyone else they're gonna do what they wanna do anyway!:eek:

but taking a piss is something you HAVE to fucking do.....you dont have to hear the song in advance...thats something you can wait for. taking a piss or shit need to get done on the spot, unless you can hold it for about 10 minutes, haha. but you are right...fuckers will just do it anyway. of course i download SOME songs..i have like 5...and they get deleted when im bored with them. but i never download shit from a new album before its released. thats fucked up. it just screws the band over. but whatever. all these kids on the internet just make up excuses to make themselves feel better about it. everbody does illegal shit though, but downloading a song 2 weeks before its release is just childish. its like stealing candy from a store. except this kind of candy could have your ass in some deep federal shit if ever got caught. the point is, some people just need to take a step back from their computers, enjoy the fresh air outside, and stop being zombies waiting for the opprotunity to download the new CoB album. now if the band actually posted an mp3 on their website for peopel to hear then thats alright. Shadows Fall even does that, but thats not what CoB are doing so just respect their shit and buy the album. i see a fuck load of people on this forum saying how they hate fanboys and how they can play the shit out of bodom songs on the guitar, but yet...you're fucking them over by downloading their shit and not buying it. if you ask me, YOUR the fucking fanboys. theres just a lot of hard talk on this forum, and its worthless bullshit to say when in reality 1/3 if not 1/2 of the people on hear are hypocritical computer losers. just wait and buy the fucking thing like everybody else. and if you cant afford it with your paperboy route jobs then im sure mommy and daddy would be happy to loan you boys and girls the money. only if it has a Parental Advisory Explict Lyrics sticker on it of course. :)

Day_Before_Dawn said:
I think people and bands underestimate just how helpful the internet really is in promoting bands, especially metal bands.

I know for sure that I wouldn't have got into many of my favourite bands if I didn't have the option to download <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=268' target='_blank'>music</a> and explore the thousands of bands out there.
I'm sure this is even true for Bodom.

I also think it is positive in that it makes bands work harder to produce better material. If people can check out a bands album before buying it, they can make sure its good and they aren’t just using their name to sell it.
Like this new single for example, some people could have bought it and despised it, and they would have lost money for that. At least now they know what they are buying, or not if they don't think it’s worth it.

if they wanted you to preview the album before its release they would. a lot of bands put mp3s on their websites. you make a good point but its a complete different point. i think the point is about the losers that download the whole fucking album, or even half of it before it comes out. i agree with what you are saying though. sometiems downloading songs DOES help promote a band. but half the time people do this just to "check out a band", its probably older material. or material released about a year ago. i said this before, i have afew mp3s...maybe like 5 or 6, but i dont download shit from an album that hasnt even been released yet. if its AVAILABLE.....my ass can wait for it. but if its shit sold strictly in japan or whereever....thats a different story. unless you can buy it from Amazon.com or something. point is, shit like this is alright for promoting some bands...but the thing is...im not sure the bands would want that. if they wanted to promote their shit before the release, like a sample of their music.....then they would post the shit on their own website. they would say, here ya go, here it is, the new single, you can download it from COBHC.com, right here. but there is always little pricks that have to fuck with the system and hear half the album before anybody else.

Oh don't worry I am buying the single when it comes out. I refuse to listen to this terrible radio rip any longer. I did the same thing with TLASO, and even Hatecrew Deathroll. See in the States, Hatecrew was released a year later than it came out in Europe. At that time I didn't have a credit card to buy it online. Yeah I downloaded it. But guess what I own the album now I bought a year later when it came out here, and I own every other CoB album as well. I even finally ordered Something Wild off the internet, I got that deluxe edition that had 2 cover songs on it.

I will admit if I can get my hands on a song before I get the album, then dammit I am going to listen to it. If I like it, I buy it. The case seems to be that I have liked about everything CoB has put out, so therefore I own it all.

COBSteele02 has a REALLY good point! :) Every thing in North America comes out a year later then it does in Europe. But in Canada the music industry is even worse! We get it like five years later. lol I once looked for a Fluke album that was like two years old and very popular and couldn't even find it! I even looked in the little catalouge to order and it wasn't there! I also do agree with Jani Laiho though, downloading the whole album before it comes out is not right but listening to a song to sample is fine just as long as you delete it after. In my oppinion anywayz. :D I did get my hands on the Fluke album though . . . I mailed the band and they sent me a huge package with a whole bunch of rare remixes and singles plus the album. * :oops: hmm nices guys . . . Fluke* I've been emailing them ever scince . . . :oops: Umm, oops, that's besides the point, anywayz, downloading the whole album is wrong :mad: . . . but sampling is okay as long as you delet the song after and buy the album :D . . . peace :cool:

panzerKunt said:
Download -> listen -> decide if its worth buying or not

which it most likely isnt if they follow the same path as before but hey ill give them a chance

Right!

Ive been listening to cob since hatecrew death roll release. The first time i donwloaded some songs of cob(illegaly) to know if i liked it. Mabey i donwloaded 10 songs of cob and finally i bought the 4 albums + trashed,lost and strungout single.

You're better to download some songs to know if you like that and after buying the album or the albums than buy the album and never heard songs.

So, i listened to In your face(someone send it to me) and it is sure that ill buy the album.
So whateva you'll mabey don't care about those lines but thats all i had to say! :)