Badass snare samples?

Ice Man

Sep 18, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Just wondering who knows where to get, or who's got snare smaples around here. I went to the share a sample thread and all its links are broken. Can anyone help out? Thanks a bunch, guys!

@ Military in between Village right next to Palm Beach Lakes High, now don't try & kill me :lol: I have gigs upon gigs of samples, but my cable is down for a while... IN the middle of moving.

SocialNumb said:
@ Military in between Village right next to Palm Beach Lakes High, now don't try & kill me :lol: I have gigs upon gigs of samples, but my cable is down for a while... IN the middle of moving.

Ah, no worries. I'm a skinny excuse for a human being. I couldn't hurt ya if I tried. PM sent, by the way.

Thedeloshimself said:
not to sound like rook, but howcome that snare.wav wont play in Windows Media?

I've found when downloading certain samples as "wave" instead of ".wav" it doesn't play, but if you import it into your host, it'll play fine.

so basically loading it into drumagog will end up working fine even though it doesnt play in windows media?

Here's some samples from a session I had last weekend - it was an alt rock band, but I think the snare sounds pretty badass! Lot's of crack on it. 14" DW snare, 57, Firepod.

http://www.*************/files/room38/1070681/Snare.zip

DSS3 said:
Here's some samples from a session I had last weekend - it was an alt rock band, but I think the snare sounds pretty badass! Lot's of crack on it. 14" DW snare, 57, Firepod.

http://www.*************/files/room38/1070681/Snare.zip

Sweet, dude! Thanks!

Hey there, I am new fairly new to recording and drumagog,
how would you go about slicing up those andy sneap samples, I got them a while ago.

Load the track into your daw, use the slice or cut function to cut the file at the begining of the hit and cut it when the signal has faded then export each sliced section out to its own file. Make sure you get the first slice right at the beginning to the attack of the drum. This way when the sample is triggered, the drum will play right away.

drumslice.jpg

keep in mind that andy's samples are also stereo, and will require a stereo track for the drumagog insert (otherwise it will sum both sides to mono, and give an unnatural boost / clip of volume).

also, andy's reverb tails are fairly long, make the end slice right before the next drum hit to capture the complete reverb tail.

Thanks, I thought you had to do something else to slice them up .

Cool that too easy.
Also, the other day there are some other gog files on the drumagog forum that are sneap gogs, snare kick and tom but when i try using them in drumagog they make a piercing screech with no drum sound that has me racing to turn my monitors off, why would this be ?

Cheers