Band members dropping out

Nov 15, 2004
UK
www.biomechanical.co.uk
Sorry guys

I have been forced into this,

Here is what I wrote as a statement on what Chris Webb, Jamie Hunt and Jon Collins said on Blabbermouth about me

I hope it explains things

John

John K Statement about Jamie Hunt, Chris Webb and Jon Collins dropping out of Biomechanical

I didn't want this situation to come to this
There is a long history of unpleasant feelings but I never thought that these guys would go so low and attack me publicly.

I can say alot of things that could hurt their reputation but I am not going to.

I feel though that I have to explain my self to all the fans who have embraced Biomechanical.

Right from the beginning when I picked each musician for Biomechanical I explained my self that this was my baby. They all knew what the score was. However I was always open to suggestions and input.

I have to make clear now that I have written, arranged recorded and co-produced all the music for Biomech. Artistic direction, lyrical content direction wise, internet content, guitar solo direction, record label relationships were all done by me. I never asked for any recognition for all this. All I asked was for them to at least respect some decisions that I had to make as a band leader

I told the guys the band was going to become a project as I was ferociously attacked over my decision to not do the Sikth gigs due to the fact that the work load for the new album Cannibalised was way too heavy for me and I was clearly going to get ill.

It was a simple decision. Album or four Gigs.

I was continuously attacked and cornered to commit into something I couldn't do and on top of this I was told that they outvoted me to go and perform without a singer (which as far as I am concerned it's highly unprofessional unless there is a second singer in the band or enough instrumentals to cover a set) I had no other choice than to tell them this will now be a project on my terms so that I wouldn’t have to be subjected to any other attacks again.

I have to thank the guys for leaving the band as they made some decisions a lot easier for me and for the record I never asked anybody to be an unpaid session musician

Biomechanical will not be a project as I am now looking for band members

I am pleased to say I have a drummer Jonno Lodge and I am now looking for the rest of the guys to get Biomech on the road after the album will be released.

Again really sorry the other members of the band stooped so low but believe it or not I still wish them good luck

John

It sucks that it had to go that direction for everyone involved with the band, but if that's how things have to be, then who are we to object to it? You guys have put out 2 great albums, and the next one will probably be even better. We eagerly await further confirmation of new band members, as well as anything the other guys have to do.

Good luck!

It's certainly a shock. As much as I like and respect the entire band, Biomech was always John's thing, his vision. So while I am sad some really awesome musicians are no longer collaborating in that vision, I'm sure other ones with as much talent and perhaps some different input will help support the path John has layed out for the band.

To look at it positively, John is still ploughing ahead with his ideas, just some of the folks helping are changing. AND, Jamie, Chris and Jon will hopefully get together and release some really cool material.

Although I can't even begin to understand the inner complexities and politics of the band, I just want to say I support John as a musician and most of all a genuine artist to do what is right for his art.

It's certainly a shock. As much as I like and respect the entire band, Biomech was always John's thing, his vision. So while I am sad some really awesome musicians are no longer collaborating in that vision, I'm sure other ones with as much talent and perhaps some different input will help support the path John has layed out for the band.

To look at it positively, John is still ploughing ahead with his ideas, just some of the folks helping are changing. AND, Jamie, Chris and Jon will hopefully get together and release some really cool material.

Although I can't even begin to understand the inner complexities and politics of the band, I just want to say I support John as a musician and most of all a genuine artist to what is right for his art.

You clearly said what I was thinking.

John, I hope things go well, finding new members and all. I hope for all the best to Jon, Chris & Jamie, and especially to you John. :)

This is genuinely quite upsetting. However, I'm glad Mr. K had the class and integrity to say his piece without becoming petty, mud-slinging or whatever. It's just a right fucking shame. Best of luck!

I wish you a lot of strength John. Just find new band members and continue to realize your vision of how Biomechanical should sound.

I'm gutted!

As most of you know I'm John's girlfriend (Of many many years:) ) and have supported John with Biomechanical right from the start from 'Eight Moons'. I love the music and the band.

I personnally feel extremely dissapointed in Chris, Jon, Jamie and Matt that they brought this mess into the public for friends, family and fans to see.
Saying that I really do wish them all the best.

I would also like to wish all the best to Laura, July, Lindsey and Vykki (The unsung heroes:) )

Heidi

"Integrity has no need of rules." (Albert Camus).

Derek nailed what I had in mind.... Good luck to everyone, and much much respect and support to you, John. It is not the end... The story is just beginning.

This makes me even sadder that I missed this lineup in Chicago. However, I trust that John carry on with his vision, as Biomech has always been, and keep producing kick-ass music.

I wish the other guys well in their chosen endeavors, as they were all very cool to me at the after party in Chicago...

This is very sad news indeed. I'm glad I was able to see this lineup live not once but twice before this implosion.

But good luck John, I do have faith in the fact you'll continue to bring us the same awesome breed of Metal i've come to love from Biomechanical. None of these events change the fact that Cannibalised is my most anticipated album of this year.

I'd tryout for the guitarist position if I was more able on my instrument, haha, but i'm sure you'll find some awesome musicians in no time.

This is really sad news.

But I very glad the Biomechanical hasn't disbanded and is moving forward, and for that I'm truely thankful for. Biomechanical still has my full support, and wish all parties the best. Can't wait for Cannibalised to be released

Well this is.... news.

Not even sure how I feel about any of this yet.

Some comments though:
"Truth is a three edged sword." as has come out in the various sides.

I know I was unhappy about Biomechanical pulling out of the Sikth tour, but I hadn't bought my tickets yet, and given a coice between Canibalised and another show, I'll take the album.

I've also been in John's shoes in the past, although there was no venom in the split.

OTOH, if they where not so far away, I'd be tempted to recruit the ex-biomechanical members to replace the lost members of Children of the Sorrow Killer...

Quite some shock indeed, but I too think deciding for getting album matters right for the next future is way more important than getting four more gigs done! Maybe it´s not all that simple though...

Cannibalised surely will be the most important album for Bio´s future to come. Sad that you guys don´t harvest the fruits as a unit together.:(

Good luck to Matt, Jamie, Chris and Jon, as well as a heartly welcome to Jonno and Gus!:)

Too bad, I´m too old (41) to volunteer for the other guitarist job in Bio... (...though teaming up with John would be a kick ass combination creative wise...)

Most anticipated albums for next time (in this order): Cannibalised,.....Nostradameus,... anything next to be released by Meshuggah and Nevermore

..last but not least, thanks to John; your past tips about studio and mixing tech stuff helped me alot with my own projects!:headbang: