bands including a violin

Originally posted by Somberlain
Anorexia Nervosa has a memeber(Neb Xort) who plays violin, Cello and Grand Piano...these instruments(not synth or keys) range throughout all their albums..I suggest you check out "Drudenhaus" and "New Obscurantis Order" ..Extreme metal art.

Yeah, I'm listening to New Obscurantis Order right now... fucking awesome shit.

:devil:

check out the band "Haggard" . I've only heard "Awaking the centuries" and it's very good... they have like 16+ members so you'll have a lot clasic stuff like cello , violin, piano , etc..

This is absolutely not metal but progressive rock.

Give the older Kansas a go. I think you will love it. Try "Point Of Know Return" or "Leftoverture".

Originally posted by opacity
Skyclad always have a violin in their songs

and if you have time, check on mp3.com the band Tenebrarum! :headbang: listen to the songs "rites" first, then "battle" and "visions" :)

also, a band called Tanqeray makes heavy use of an electric violin: www.tanqeray.com
what's electric violin? any difference?:p :p :p :p

Originally posted by Terminal Spirit Disease
Yes Jesper from At The Gates appeared in The Red In The Sky Is Ours and Terminal Spirit Disease - The Swarm.

Not true. As far as I can remember (don't have the cds with me) Jesper Jarold played the violin on TRITSIO and Ylva Wåhlin played it on TSD. Jesper never played anything on any ATG release.