hypocrisy...

War.Within.

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2004
:headbang: hypocrisy is so damn goooooooood :headbang: !!!!!
i wanne know if anny of u know more bands like that :D
i know lots of bands and stuff ... but none can match it ... so i was hoping for more ownage bands :D

Which Hypocrisy material do you enjoy more? The stuff from the s/t, Abducted, The Arrival, etc. or early Hypocrisy? I'm guessing the former, but answering that will help on making suggestions on other bands.

I love the s/t and Into the Abyss, the rest of their albums( except the first two death metal ones) I dont care for. I really like Into the Abyss, there is nothing new about it, its just a nice change to hear slayer inspired death metal with Peter's interesting influence.

War.Within. said:
the arrival etc... that i like best i think ... but the rest is also good :D

Ok, this is a bit of a long shot, but I'll see if this works. Check out The Chasm, preferably something from the Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph or Conjuration Of The Spectral Empire albums. See if you like that and I'll go from there.

Blade Golem said:
Ok, this is a bit of a long shot, but I'll see if this works. Check out The Chasm, preferably something from the Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph or Conjuration Of The Spectral Empire albums. See if you like that and I'll go from there.

I second that. The chasm is BY FAR the best death metal band this board turned me onto. I can't wait till they release the next cd. Imagine-

Awesome mouth watering goodness that is the chasm's composition+ good production= instant musical orgasm.

But seriously, they aren't really like hypocrisy but thats a good thing.

thecrimsonchin said:
I second that. The chasm is BY FAR the best death metal band this board turned me onto. I can't wait till they release the next cd. Imagine-

Awesome mouth watering goodness that is the chasm's composition+ good production= instant musical orgasm.

But seriously, they aren't really like hypocrisy but thats a good thing.

True, they aren't that much like Hypocrisy, but I think they do have a few similar elements that were probably some of the things that got him into Hypocrisy. A varied vocal approach and plenty of melody injected into the music is something that both bands share, and I'm guessing that's part of what makes him like Hypocrisy so he should be able to enjoy The Chasm if he hears their music, possibly. :D

Oh, I'm waiting for their new album, too.

War.Within. said:
:headbang: hypocrisy is so damn goooooooood :headbang: !!!!!
i wanne know if anny of u know more bands like that :D
i know lots of bands and stuff ... but none can match it ... so i was hoping for more ownage bands :D

sure, man!!!!! :hotjump: