is it just me or....

Thoth-Amon said:
Yeah and it all pretty much sounds the same. Jesus... I can't even believe you are arguing this. It's like saying the new Cannibal Corpse has a stunning amount of variety in it.

If all of Nile's music "pretty much sounds the same", then so does the music of most other bands. :)

Calm down.

Cythraul said:
If all of Nile's music "pretty much sounds the same", then so does the music of most other bands. :)

Calm down.
Well that's fairly accurate. However take a band like Led Zeppelin for example and they have tons of variety in their output.

we're not talking about the same thing are we? I'm going to leave this thread. Bye.

The_Isle said:
lol this is obviously about Nile sounding mainstream or not. They don't. There is no such thing as "mainstream" death metal.
show me where i even put nile into my starting post?

Hypocrisy is just plain bad to me.

I've only heard some of the last 3 katakylsm cds but they were very generic death metal. Both of these bands have the worst digital production jobs on the planet too.

I just can't find one thing appealing about either.

Both are some of the most unimaginative metal bands out of everything I have heard so far.

Kataklysm's Mystical Gate... totally rules, and early Hypocrisy isn't bad either. Both bands became strongly diluted by populist inclinations though, 'tis true.

When Nile are at the top of their game they reach absolute genius, and they're consistently decent enough. I'm under the impression that their popularity is due to marketing more than anything.